In a high-octane unveiling that could only be described as “engineering euphoria,” Aston Martin Aramco threw the covers off the AMR24, the latest marvel to hit the Formula One tracks, alongside the debut of the new Vantage road car and the Aston Martin Vantage GT3. This triple threat marks a monumental chapter in Aston Martin’s quest for dominance both on the tarmac and in the hearts of car enthusiasts worldwide.
The AMR24, birthed in the state-of-the-art AMR Technology Campus in Silverstone, is not just any racing machine. It’s a testament to Aston Martin’s relentless pursuit of perfection, engineered to leave competitors in the dust. With its debut, Aston Martin Aramco’s Formula One team is revving up for what promises to be a groundbreaking 2024 season.
Dressed to impress in its iconic racing green livery, accented with Aramco title partner branding, the AMR24 is more than just a pretty face. It’s an aerodynamic beast, boasting a design philosophy that has evolved to be lighter, more efficient, and ready to tackle a wider range of circuits than its predecessors. With an impressive haul of eight podiums and 280 points from the 2023 season, the team’s ambitions are sky-high for the AMR24 to outdo its legacy.
Team Principal Mike Krack couldn’t hide his excitement, stating, “The AMR24 is our pride and joy, a culmination of tireless work and innovation. It’s all systems go for 2024, and we’re aiming not just for points and podiums, but for our first win in green.”
Dan Fallows, the Technical Director, shed light on the meticulous development of the AMR24, highlighting its strong evolution and the introduction of many new parts designed to give the team a competitive edge. “From the chassis to the suspension, we’ve left no stone unturned. The AMR24 is our ticket to the top,” Fallows explained.
But the AMR24 wasn’t the only star of the show. Aston Martin also pulled the wraps off the new Vantage road car and the Aston Martin Vantage GT3. The new Vantage is being hailed as the epitome of sports cars, a beacon of performance, speed, and driver-focused engineering. The Vantage GT3, on the other hand, translates these exhilarating attributes into a race car that’s ready to dominate the GT racing scene.
The drivers, Lance Stroll and Fernando Alonso, shared their anticipation for the new season, highlighting the team’s growth, ambition, and the palpable buzz of innovation and determination that permeates the AMR Technology Campus.
As Aston Martin embarks on this thrilling journey with the AMR24, the new Vantage, and the Vantage GT3, it’s clear that they’re not just racing for points or podiums; they’re driving towards a future where performance, innovation, and passion collide. The 2024 season can’t come soon enough for Aston Martin Aramco, and the motorsport world is eagerly waiting to see how this performance trilogy unfolds on the global stage.
- CHASSIS: Carbon fibre composite monocoque with Zylon legality side anti-intrusion panels
- SUSPENSION: Aluminium uprights with carbon fibre composite wishbones, track rod and pushrod. Inboard chassis mounted torsion springs, dampers and anti-roll bar assembly.
- WHEELS: BBS Front: 18” x 13.2”, Rear: 18” x 16.9”
- CLUTCH: AP Racing
- TYRES: Pirelli P Zero
- BRAKE SYSTEM: Brembo brake callipers and in-house designed brake-by-wire system with carbon fibre discs and pads
- ELECTRONICS: FIA single ECU with in-house designed electrical harness
- OVERALL WIDTH: 2000mm
- WHEELBASE: 3600mm max
- OVERALL WEIGHT: Overall vehicle weight 798kg (including driver, excluding fuel). Weight distribution between 44.5% and 46.0%.
- ENGINE PU SPEC: Mercedes-AMG F1 M15 E Performance. 1.6l V6 Turbo charged & energy recovery system.
- TRANSMISSION: Mercedes F1 eight-speed, semi-automatic