2021 is here, and so is Toyota Kirloskar Motor with two new SUV models in the Fortuner line-up – the 2021 Fortuner facelift and the Legender top variant. The facelift had been due for quite some time and the Legender is the cherry on top of this long overdue launch.
The Japanese auto maker’s launch of the customer favourite face-lifted SUV is not the only ‘beginning of the year highlight’, the company has also introduced a new top model trim in the Fortuner segment, the Legender. For those wondering what the differences between the two new vehicles are, we’ve made things simple for you and presented in a concise list-
- Pricing: The new Fortuner is a standard facelift version of the popular SUV and starts at a price of INR 29.98 lakhs for the base trim Petrol 4×2 MT and climbs up to INR 37.43 lakhs for a Diesel 4×4 AT model. Legender is the latest launched top variant of this line up and comes in a Diesel 4×2 AT configuration at ex-showroom price of INR 37.58 lakhs.
- Design: Though both the vehicles belong to the same roster, their design language is at a contrast with each other. The new Fortuner is ‘Tougher & More Premium’ which has made the updated vehicle even more robust-looking with a new and tougher front grille, while the Legender is ‘Sleek & Cool’ with smooth front grille and Catamaran style front & rear bumpers- making for a slightly different charm than the regular imposing feel of a Fortuner. The 2021 Fortuner comes in a new shade of Sparkling Black Crystal Shine while the Legender is available in a single finish of dual-tone Pearl White with Black Roof.
- Features: The cosmetic update has upgraded the outer façade of the vehicle, however, that is not all. The interior features and technical package of the Fortuner also comes with a host of new features like Smart Playcast Touchscreen Audio and Connected car Technologies like Geo fencing, Real-Time tracking etc. The new variant offers almost all the amenities of the new Fortuner and also comes with its own features like wireless charging.
- Performance: The new Fortuner powertrain includes 2.8L Diesel Engine with 6-speed AT and MT, and also 2.7L Petrol with 6-Speed AT and 5-speed MT. Legender boasts a 6-speed Diesel AT with 500 Nm torque and 204 PS of power.
- up! can be Volkswagen’s answer to Maruti Swift & Hyundai i10 Nios in India - February 15, 2021
- Save Gotham! Somebody abandoned a Batmobile in Mumbai - January 24, 2021
- Should Honda e be the Japanese Automaker’s First Electric car in India? - January 22, 2021