- Local production of the Modular Electric Drive Kit (MEB) is now underway at the Group’s Foshan and Anting facilities, with a combined annual capacity of up to 600,000 units
- ID.4 X and ID.4 CROZZ are the first two pure-electric models to be introduced in China on the MEB platform, with three further ID. family models planned for production in 2021
- Climate-friendly production: Foshan facility powered entirely by renewable energy, Anting plant 20 % more energy efficient than comparable plants
- Fully intelligent and digitized: the Anting and Foshan MEB plants set a new benchmark for smart, green factories within Volkswagen Group China and China’s entire auto industry
Volkswagen Group has entered a new era of e-mobility in China with the premiere just three weeks ago of the first two China-specific models from the completely new, electric-only ID. family – FAW-Volkswagen’s ID.4 CROZZ and SAIC VOLKSWAGEN’s ID.4 X – built on the innovative MEB platform. With market entry in early 2021, production of these two models has already started at MEB facilities in Foshan and Anting, which together have a combined total planned annual capacity of 600,000 units. This will enable the Group to increase the share of electric vehicles in its product portfolio to 35% by 2025. By 2023, Volkswagen will offer eight models of the ID. Family in China, the world’s largest NEV market which plays a crucial role in the Group’s global e-mobility strategy.
- Lexus updates ES for 2021 with an evolved driving performance - April 19, 2021
- Toyota bZ4X electric SUV Concept revealed in partnership with Subaru - April 19, 2021
- Ford reveals Ranger Stormtrak & Wolftrak Limited Edition models - April 19, 2021