Celebrating 12 glorious years of the most iconic premium hatchback in India – the Volkswagen Polo
– Once a legend, always a legend: With its timeless design, strong and sturdy built, impeccable safety and exemplary performance capabilities received an expansive fan following from Indian customers
– “Most fun-to-drive hatchback”, “An enthusiasts’ car” and the “Hot hatch” are some of the titles the Volkswagen Polo enjoys
– The Polo GT TSI variant became one of the most aspirational products among Indian customers
– The Volkswagen Polo became an icon and the talk of the town owing to its legendary marketing campaigns such as the – Polo and the newspaper with a hole, Made in India Polo campaign that showcased the manufacturing prowess of the German car maker, Respect – it’s a GT and many more.
– To celebrate the 12 years journey of the iconic carline, Volkswagen India has launched the limited Polo “Legend” edition for enthusiasts across the country
Chennai, Mumbai – Volkswagen India today celebrates the glorious 12 years of the most iconic premium hatchback, the Polo. With the start of production in 2009 and market launch in 2010, the Volkswagen Polo was the first locally manufactured model at the brands’ Chakan plant in Pune. The Volkswagen Polo with its timeless design, strong and sturdy built, impeccable safety and exemplary performance capabilities received an expansive fan following from Indian customers.
The Volkswagen Polo has defined the premium hatchback segment with the widest engine and transmission offerings in its journey so far, honoring the carline with the titles of the “Most fun-to-drive hatchback”, “An enthusiasts’ car” and the “Hot hatch” by many customers and automotive media publications. It rose the ranks of being the most loved and successful carline for the brand with the GT variant becoming a common aspirational product among Indian customers. The Polo was also one of the first made-in-India hatchbacks in the segment that offered dual airbags as a standard offering and received a 4-star Global NCAP safety rating in 2014.
With over 300,000 lakh customers in India, the Volkswagen Polo impressed the audience with its innovative marketing communications and soon became the talk of the town. The Legend is remembered with its iconic advertisements such as the – Polo and the newspaper with a hole, Made in India Polo campaign that showcased the manufacturing prowess of the German car maker, Respect – it’s a GT and many more.
Speaking on this momentous occasion, Ashish Gupta, Brand Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India, said “The Volkswagen Polo is an iconic carline that has evoked various emotions amongst consumers. From its market introduction till date, the Volkswagen Polo has enjoyed the privilege of being the first car to a family, an enthusiast’s dream and the preferred choice for a mother owing to its timeless and sporty design, safety, fun-to-drive experience and strong build quality. The Volkswagen Polo has been the brands’ much-loved product that deserves a grand celebration. For this, the brand is introducing the celebratory limited “Legend edition” for the enthusiasts who will take pride in owning the last limited units of the iconic Polo.”
The Volkswagen Polo Legend edition is a celebratory edition to mark the glorious journey of the Polo in India. The Legend edition will be available on the GT TSI variant that is equipped with a 1.0l TSI engine mated to a 6-speed automatic torque converter. Delivering a powerful performance of 110PS and 175 Nm torque and perfectly balancing the fuel consumption with the globally renowned TSI technology, offering the driver an exceptional driving experience.
To mark the iconic legacy, the edition will come with the “Legend” title on the fender and boot badge. It will also comprise of side body graphics, black trunk garnish and black roof foil to accentuate the look of the carline making it more sportier. The limited volume Legend edition Polo will be available across the 151 Volkswagen dealerships for aficionados who want to own the Volkswagen Polo.
- Landmark Cars Limited to launch IPO on 13 December, priced from Rs. 481 to Rs. 506 - December 8, 2022
- Audi India opens its 20th pre-owned dealership in Indore - December 8, 2022
- Renault India to increase price of its cars from 1 January - December 7, 2022