- Insights from the report: Study to provide insights on the growth trends of the pre-owned car market in India,region-wise preference of pre-owned car, consumer demographics, changing consumer behavior, key factors consumers consider while selecting a pre-owned vehicle, their requirements for service packages and other value added services and willingness to shift from offline to online purchase
- PEST Analysis: The study will emphasize on PEST analysis; Political, Social, Economic and Technological aspects of the consumers
Mumbai – Volkswagen Passenger Cars India, through its pre-owned car business Das Welt Auto.,today announced the collaboration with Frost & Sullivan for developing a detailed study on the ‘Indian Pre-owned Car Market’. The report will emphasize on the importance of the growing used car market and the key indicators that drive the segment currently.
The study will provide insights on the following key topics:
- Growth trends of the used car market in India –current and expected market offerings
- Consumer demographicsandexpectations
- Current ownership and usage patterns across age groups and cities, demographics
- Trustwhile selecting a pre-owned vehicle
- Usage of value-addedservices such as certification, warranty, service packages and service support
- Choice of purchase via offlineor online platforms
- Growing need to purchase pre-owned vehiclesthrough established channels, and more
The analysis from the report will help organized pre-owned car businesses such as DasWeltAuto.to understand customer requirements, behaviorand buyingpatterns,in-turn offering customers enhanced customization, transparency and affordable personal mobility solutions.
Commenting on the announcement, Ashish Gupta,Brand Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India said,“The used car business has immense growth potential in Indiaand offer a strong value proposition for our consumers and business partners. In 2020, we observed an immediate shift inbuying pattern of consumers, moving toaffordable mobility solutions instead of a new car due to the pandemic situation. Even today, on a M-O-Mbasis, we’re witnessing approximately 10% growth in our used car volumes. Through this collaborative study with Frost & Sullivan, we further intend to understand consumerrequirements, in order to,offer them an enhanced value proposition and customized servicesunder one roof.”
“The organized sector of the pre-owned passenger vehicles business in India is expected to reach a market share of 25% in 2022 from 18% in 2016. This is because of a significant shift in focus, where customers are ready to pay more for getting reliable vehicles at a reasonable price, instead of opting for low-cost and unreliable deals,” said KaushikMadhavan, Vice President, Mobility (Automotive & Transportation) Practice, Frost & Sullivan.
Today, car buyers across segments are looking at differentiatedand easy options of vehicle ownership. Volkswagen India’s pre-owned car business Das WeltAuto.(DWA) is setting a benchmark in the organized used car business. The DWA facilities offer buying, selling and exchanging of multi-brand pre-owned carsand isn’t restricted to customers looking to exchange their existing cars for a new Volkswagen.
The 105 DWA facilities across India are a one-stop solution that offers a strong value propositionin the affordable and organized pre-owned segment. The brand has enableddigitalization acrossthe business with the introduction ofDWAValuator App and setting-up of DWA Excellence Centersfor a seamless and contactless experience.
- This is the world first truck made in 1896 - April 10, 2021
- Mercedes-Benz reveals 2021 CLS, gets new driving assistance systems - April 10, 2021
- Mercedes-AMG to battle DTM with 5 teams and 7 GT3s - April 10, 2021