- Seventh concept car of the ID. family revealed on the eve of the LA Auto Show
- ID. SPACE VIZZION defines a completely new vehicle segment: Aerodynamic design of a Gran Turismo with the space of an SUV
- Airflow through the front end and roof contributes to efficient aerodynamics, enabling a drag coefficient of 0.24
- The ID. SPACE VIZZION previews the future production version for Europe and North America
On the eve of the Los Angeles Auto Show, Volkswagen presented the seventh concept car of the ID. family. The ID. SPACE VIZZION follows the ID.01, ID. CROZZ01, ID. BUZZ01, ID. VIZZION01, ID. BUGGY01 and ID. ROOMZZ01. Like all the ID. models, the new ID. SPACE VIZZION will be fully electric. Its design and form embody a fresh approach. One particularly striking feature is the front section with airflow openings, enabling a drag coefficient of 0.24. The ID. SPACE VIZZION combines the aerodynamic qualities of a Gran Turismo with the generous interior space of an SUV – thereby defining an entirely new segment.
Since electric vehicles don’t need a radiator or a large space for the motor, this creates new design freedom. In the case of the ID. SPACE VIZZION the designers and engineers have taken advantage of this this freedom to optimize aerodynamics and thus increase range. Airflow apertures have been integrated into the eye-catching front end: the air flows through a horizontal panel between the headlights and is directed to the rear over the extremely low-slung bonnet. There is also airflow into the outer areas of the front bumper, from where it is directed to the rear, too. The airflow apertures on the bumper and the bonnet of the ID. SPACE VIZZION have been designed as functional features, and are also unmistakable styling elements of the concept car’s exterior.
- Hyundai gets in ring with WWE to inspire people - September 25, 2020
- This is the history of Jeep - September 25, 2020
- SEOSat-Ingenio: First Spanish satellite with optical tech delivered by Airbus - September 25, 2020