- Third-quarter deliveries almost on a level with previous year; year-to-date decline of 18.6 percent
- Sales revenue of EUR 47.2 billion in the first nine months; rate of year-on-year decline has narrowed to –27.9 percent after three quarters
- Return to profitable territory in third quarter, nine-month operating result before special items of EUR –1.0 billion
- Measures to counter the Covid-19 pandemic showing results; model initiative provides added momentum
After the pandemic-related slump in the first half of the year, business performance at the Volkswagen Passenger Cars brand recovered noticeably in the period from July to September. With 1.5 million vehicles delivered worldwide, the core brand of the Volkswagen Group delivered almost as many vehicles to customers in the third quarter of 2020 as in the prior-year period (– 2.7 percent). In the period from January to September, however, deliveries still decreased by 18.6 percent. The gradual recovery is also reflected in the brand’s financial key performance indicators: Sales revenue amounted to EUR 47.2 billion after nine months, down 27.9 percent on the previous year. After the first six months of the year, a 35.3 percent drop had been recorded. With an operating result before special items of EUR 522 million, the brand was back in positive territory in the third quarter. The nine-month operating result before special items improved accordingly to EUR –1.0 billion (first six months: EUR –1.5 billion).
- 2020 Fiat Talento gets more power & fuel efficiency - November 30, 2020
- Porsche Taycan launched in Korea with sci-fi light show - November 30, 2020
- Along with Octavia & Karoq, Skoda starts production of Enyaq iV SUV - November 30, 2020