- The regular service cost has been reduced by 24% to 44% across Volkswagen carlines with the introduction of 3 free services up to 15,000 km or 1 year
- Volkswagen now offers a total of 4 year of road side assistance along with standard vehicle warranty for 4 year/100,000 km
- Beginning 2019, Volkswagen offers 3 free services to its customers across carlines up to 15,000 km or 1 year
- The brand addresses customer concerns on high maintenance costs by reducing the total cost of ownership
- Continues to retain its value-for-money proposition, quality, safety and fun-to-drive experience
Mumbai: Volkswagen, Europe’s largest carmaker today reinstated its commitment to the Indian market by offering affordable ownership experience across its carlines. With a continued focus, the brand has been working relentlessly towards offering a value-formoney proposition to its Indian customers. Taking this a notch higher, Volkswagen today announces an India centric enhanced after-sales approach.
Effective 1st January 2019 all Volkswagen carlines will have warranty, RSA as below:
|Till 31.12.2018||From 01.01.2019|
|Standard Vehicle Warranty||2 year/unlimited km||4 year/ 100,000 km|
|Free Road Side Assistance||2 year||4 year|
|Free service||Free service at 7,500 km/6||3 Free services (In 1 year or|
|month||up to 15,000 km)|
|Paid service at 15,000 km/1|
The regular service cost has been reduced by 24% to 44% across Volkswagen carlines with the introduction of 3 free services up to 15,000 km or 1 year
Under the able leadership of Mr. Steffen Knapp, Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars, the brand now adopts a more localized approach while retaining global Volkswagen standards of quality and safety. Over the last year and a half, the brand has introduced various initiatives that addresses customer concerns related to after-sales and spare parts availability. To maintain transparency between the brand and its customers, Volkswagen has now placed a standard menu pricing across its dealer workshops in India. The menu pricing comprises of all the costs that a customer could potentially incur, depending on the service required on the respective carline.
Further, in the year 2018 the brand realigned its spare part pricing (as per industry standards) in addition to introducing service value packages and extended warranty options. Customers can now avail special benefits on value added services along with the option of extending their existing warranty by buying add-on warranty options for 1 year/20,000 km whichever is earlier. The maximum limit of availing add-on warranty is till 7 year OR 125,000 km whichever is earlier.
Speaking on this occasion, Mr. Steffen Knapp, Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars said,“Volkswagen is determined towards providing the best of our offerings to the value driven Indian customers. The brand has been taking conscious efforts towards addressing its key requirement of the customer – high maintenance costs. By adopting an India centric approach, there’s been an overall reduction in the total cost of ownership while retaining the same quality, safety and value-for-money proposition that is expected of a Volkswagen. Thus, it gives me immense pride in announcing an affordable ownership experience for the aspirational Indian customer.”
The 4 year warranty, RSA and 3 free services will be applicable to all Volkswagen carlines sold in India effective 1st January 2019 across the dealership network.
- LEVC TX electric car arrives to a dealership in New Delhi, provides 510 km range - October 24, 2021
- Mitsubishi Xpander GT 2021: video review, specs & details in Hindi - October 23, 2021
- LaFerrari owners get extended warranty & scheduled maintenance service - October 23, 2021