- Unique to the US market and limited to 30 units, the R8 Panther edition features unique trim details including 20” milled wheels in matte black with red trim
- First units available in the R8 RWD model line; all R8 Panther editions are treated with Audi exclusive Panther Black crystal effect paint and a full Audi exclusive interior
- R8 Panther edition will be available at select dealers this month
HERNDON, Va., Dec. 2, 2020 – Just in time for the holiday season, Audi of America announces the 2021 R8 Panther edition. Limited to just 30 coupes, the R8 Panther edition models are the first available units in the R8 rear-wheel-drive model line and feature exclusive interior and exterior design elements.
Unique design cues
With an Audi exclusive paint color, distinctive interior details, and carbon exterior accents, the R8 Panther edition makes its unique character clear.
Every R8 Panther edition will come standard equipped with the following special content:
- Audi exclusive Panther Black crystal effect paint with carbon exterior mirror housings
- 20” 5-double-spoke-dynamic design wheels, milled cut, finished in matte black with red trim, with summer performance tires
- Audi exclusive full leather black interior with Crimson red stitching
- Racing shell seats in Crimson red fine Nappa leather with power height and manual fore/aft seat adjustment
- Sport exhaust system which amplifies the full bodied sound of the V10 engine and can be adjusted using the dedicated satellite button on the steering wheel or via the Audi drive select setting
- Alcantara covered gear selector and parcel shelf
- Diamond stitched Alcantara headliner
- Audi exclusive steering wheel in leather/Alcantara with crimson red 12 o’clock marker with four satellite buttons – engine Start/Stop, Audi drive select, Performance Mode selector, and Sport exhaust.
- Audi exclusive R8 embroidered floor mats with Crimson red leather edging
- Black Audi rings and badges
- Carbon fiber exterior mirror housings
Additional standard features include:
- LED headlights and LED taillights with dynamic turn signals
- Carbon exterior package adds carbon fiber to the engine compartment and carbon sigma sideblades and carbon interior package adds carbon fiber high-gloss surrounds for both the virtual cockpit and the air vents, as well as the center console
- Audi virtual cockpit, Audi smartphone interface, Audi phone box (requires compatible smart device) with signal booster, and MMI navigation plus
- Bang & Olufsen® sound system featuring 13 speakers and 550 watts
- Illuminated door sill inlays
Specially tuned chassis allows for rear-wheel drive application
The R8 Panther edition features a naturally aspirated 5.2-liter FSI V10 engine that produces 532 horsepower and 398 pound-feet of torque, and sprints from 0 to 60 mph in 3.6 seconds to achieve a top track speed of 201 mph.
The first available units in the R8 RWD model line, the chassis of the R8 Panther edition has been specifically adapted for rear-wheel drive, including using solid rear axles as opposed to hollow, a stiffer front anti-roll bar, and an increase in rear negative camber. The electromechanical power steering – free of torque steer – enables precise handling and driver feedback. For a heightened driving experience, the driver can choose “dynamic” mode in the standard Audi drive select and set the Stabilization Control ESC to “sport.”
The R8 Panther edition joins the 2019 RS 5 Panther edition, which was also limited to just 100 available units and featured the same Audi exclusive Panther Black crystal effect paint and red stitched interior with Alcantara accents. The 2021 R8 Panther edition will be available in select dealerships this month with an MSRP of $183,300 (INR 1.35 crores).
Price excludes $1,495 destination charge, $1,700 gas guzzler tax, sales taxes, title, options, and dealer charges. Dealer sets actual price.
- Power sells faster! 2021 Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat is sold out - January 24, 2021
- Owner takes his Jaguar F-Pace SUV in water, car fails him badly! - January 24, 2021
- Ares Design launches two-door Tesla Model S convertible one-off - January 24, 2021