– Uniquely designed vehicle, that combines the proportions & poise of an SUV with the spaciousness of an MPV
– Latest 5th Generation Self-Charging Strong Hybrid Electric System built on Toyota New Global Architecture(TNGA) platform providing best in class fuel efficiency of 21.1 km/l * quick acceleration, easy maneuverability, and high ride quality as part of Toyota’s multi-pathway offering towards its diverse customers in India
– Safety package includes the TOYOTA SAFETY SENSE TM (TSS )**, which is first for any Toyota model being sold in India
– New Exterior colors with Blackish Ageha Glass Flake
– New Interior colors with Chestnut & Black Dual tone, Dark Chestnut
– First in segment features include Paddle shift, Powered Ottoman 2nd row seats, Front Ventilated seats, Air conditioner (Dual zone – front and rear zone), Rear Retractable Sunshade, Electrochromic Inner Rear View Mirror (EC IRVM), Power Back Door and Dual Function Daytime Running Light (DRL)
– Wheelbase of 285 cm (longest in the segment)
– Available in the following grades
Key features of Innova HyCross
- 1. Performance features
- – A Self-Charging Strong Hybrid Electric vehicle that comes with a TNGA 2.0-Litre Engine with Toyota Hybrid System (THS) & e-drive transmission, delivering combined max power output of 137 kW (186 PS)
- – The Gasoline grades comes with a TNGA 2.0 Litre engine delivering an output of 128 kW (174 PS) (186 PS)
- 2. Exterior features
- – Panoramic Sunroof
- – Front grille with Gun Metal Finish
- – Automatic LED Headlamps with Auto High beam
- – First in segment Dual Function Daytime Running Light (DRL)
- 3. Interior features / Comfort and convenience
- – First in segment features include Paddle Shift, Powered Ottoman 2nd Row Seats, Front Ventilated seats, Air conditioner (Dual Zone – Front and Rear zone), Rear Retractable Sunshade, Electrochromic Inner Rear View Mirror (EC IRVM) and Power Back Door
- Other key features
- – Large TFT Multi Information display
- – Driver Seat Memory and Slide Return and Away Function
- – Indirect Blue Ambient illumination
- 4. Infotainment system
- – Connected 25.65 cms (10.1”) connected display audio with premium, JBL 9 speaker (Including subwoofer)
- – Toyota Connected car technology – iConnect
- 5. Safety features
- – TOYOTA SAFETY SENSE TM (TSS) ** that includes safety features like (Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, Lane Trace Assist, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Blind Spot Monitor, ^Pre- Collision System, Auto High Beam)
- – 6 SRS Airbags
- – Rear Disc Brakes
- – Vehicle Stability Control(VSC) and Hill Start Assist
- – Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) with Auto Hold
- – Antilock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
- – Panoramic View Monitor with Dynamic Back Guide
Mumbai, 25 th November 2022: Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) today ushered a new era in Innova’s journey by unveiling the Innova HyCross, a Self-Charging Strong Hybrid Electric Vehicle (SHEV). Based on Toyota New Global Architecture(TNGA), the latest Innova celebrates Toyota’s globally recognized Quality , Durability and Reliability backed by advanced technology, to appeal to the Indian customers.
The new Innova HyCross is powered by 5th Generation Self-Charging Strong Hybrid Electric System with TNGA 2.0 Litre 4-cylinder gasoline engine and a monocoque frame with an e-drive sequential shift delivering a max power output of 137 kW (186 PS), providing rapid acceleration and best in segment fuel economy. The vehicle also comes with the option of a TNGA 2.0 Litre 4-cylinder gasoline engine mated to a direct shift CVT in select grades delivering an output of 128 kW (174 PS).
Designed for family needs, the feature laden new Innova HyCross is a vehicle for every occasion delivering glamor, toughness, comfort, safety, and advanced technology. Drawing inspiration from Toyota’s rich global SUV heritage, the new Innova HyCross features a muscular and tough design with ample space that provides flexible and comfortable seating for all. This versatile vehicle is aimed at families wanting a vehicle that can handle rough roads and provide a seamless, fatigue-free drive.
Present at the launch in Mumbai, Mr. Hideki Mizuma, Chief Engineer, Innova, Toyota said, “Innova has become an iconic vehicle in India’s mobility journey and is a household name. Today we are happy to launch the all new Innova HyCross for our Indian customers. The Self-charging Strong Hybrid Electric vehicle, with the spaciousness of an MPV and proportions and poise of an SUV, is loaded with features to meet the aspirations of Indian customers. This feature packed vehicle is intended for those who seek safety and comfort while travelling and would love to be a part of the new Innova HyCross family. The latest 5th Generation Self-Charging Strong Hybrid Electric System, built on the Toyota New Global Architecture (TNGA) 2.0 Litre Gasoline Engine, provides exceptional fuel efficiency, performance, and quick acceleration, is sure to be a game-changer in this segment.”
Speaking on the occasion Mr. Vikram Kirloskar, Vice Chairman, Toyota Kirloskar Motor, said, “It has been an amazing year as we celebrate 25 glorious years of Toyota in India. At TKM, sustainability continues to be at the core of our business and with an unprecedented increase in carbon emissions globally, we firmly believe that its HY time to shift gears for a greener future. In this direction we have adopted clean and green solutions across all our operations and value chain, so that the green products that we offer to our customers are also manufactured in green factories. Additionally, we are relentlessly working towards creating a local manufacturing eco-system for green technologies not only for India but also for the world. With the launch of the new Innova HyCross, we are redefining the paradigm and redrawing boundaries of technological and product excellence, while taking customer experience to a new HY like never before.”
Also present at the event, an elated Mr Masakazu Yoshimura, Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer, Toyota Kirloskar Motor said “Ever since our inception , TKM has focussed on complete peace of mind for our customers. One of our biggest success stories here has been the iconic Innova, that keeps finding continued appreciation and love, across the country. Being the undisputed leader of the MPV segment the Innova has found its home in more than a million households in India reflecting our core DNA of Quality, Durability & Reliability, made possible through highly skilled global competitive manpower. Our customers’ trust in the brand has motivated us to make ever better ‘fun to drive‘ cars and bring in latest global technologies to India thereby bringing ‘mass happiness to all’. We are confident that the new Innova HyCross will carry forward the brand legacy and take customer delight to a new HY.”
Being a Self-Charging Strong Hybrid Electric Vehicle (SHEV), the Innova Hycross is capable of running 40% of the distance and 60% of the time in electric(EV) or zero emission mode.***
The new Innova HyCross features a tough, muscular exterior design and is sure to catch your eye. The raised bonnet line, a large Hexagonal Gunmetal finish grille, Automatic LED Headlamps, super chrome alloy wheels, and a wider bumper further enhance its sophisticated and rugged look. Also complementing the muscular look are the bigger tires with shorter overhangs, along with a more curved rear to augment the SUV stance of the new Innova HyCross.
The interior design expresses seamless luxury and comfort. Keeping in mind the unique needs of Indian customers, the new Innova HyCross prioritizes interior comfort features. The styling ushers improved cabin aesthetics, with dark chestnut quilted leather seats along with soft-touch leather and metallic decorations lining the cabin. The cockpit is modeled in horizontal tones to give a sense of space, while vertical tones are used for the central cluster and door decor to mirror the powerful exterior.
The new Innova HyCross provides unmatched comfort and convenience through a raised eye point and the newly introduced Ventilated Front Seats that take care of the hot Indian summers. For the second row, the 25.65cm (10.1″) Connected Display Audio with JBL premium 9 speaker system(including subwoofer), segment-first powered Ottoman 2nd Row Seats and Multi-zone A/C, combine to offer unmatchable luxurious experience. The unique Flat Floor Design, wheelbase of 285cm (longest in the segment) and Platform Width Enhancement further ensure a spaciousness for extended family and friends to travel together. Indian customers believe in no compromises; therefore, the Power Back Door and Tilt-down Seats ensure maximum space utilization and enhanced luggage space.
Safety is a high priority for Toyota, and this vehicle has a host of safety features. The new Innova Hycross brings the TOYOTA SAFETY SENSETM (TSS)* which is introduced first time in India for Toyota vehicles to further enhance safety and provide peace of mind to all customers. The safety package features Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC), Lane Trace Assist (LTA), Auto High Beam (AHB), Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) systems, ^Pre-Collision System and Rear Cross Traffic Alert systems. Other features include six SRS airbags, Electronic Parking Brakes, Rear Disc Brakes, Vehicle Stability Control, Hill-start Assist, a Panoramic View Monitor with a Dynamic Back Guide, and Front & Rear Parking Sensors.
The new Innova HyCross is available in Super White, Platinum White Pearl, Silver Metallic, Attitude Black Mica, Sparkling Black Pearl Crystal Shine, Avant Grade Bronze Metallic and an exciting new color Blackish Ageha Glass Flake. Interiors in Black and with two new colors Chestnut & Black and Dark Chestnut, reflecting advanced and premium impression.
The new Innova HyCross offers the renowned Toyota experience through a warranty of 3 years/100,000 kilometers and an option of extended warranty of up to 5 years/220,000 kilometers, 3 years free roadside assistance, attractive financial schemes and 8 yrs/160,000 kilometers warranty on the Hybrid battery.
Bookings are to begin today for Rs 50,000.Customers can make their bookings online at www.toyotabharat.com/online-booking/ or by visiting their nearest Toyota dealership. For more details, customers can simply log on to www.toyotabharat.com. .
*Under the process of certification under Rule 115(18) of CMVR 1989.
** The driver is always responsible for paying attention to the vehicle surroundings & driving safely as there are limitations to degree of recognition and controlling performance that this system can provide
*** Under specific test conditions for Strong Hybrid Electric Vehicle
^ This function is activated only for vehicles and is also activated when the vehicle’s speed is within the range of approximately 5 to 180 km/h. The system assists in mitigating damage. However, the braking ability varies on road and driving conditions.
- 2023 Range Rover Velar launched in petrol, diesel & electric hybrid variants - February 7, 2023
- Mercedes-Benz GLB 220d 4Matic 2023: video review, specs & details in Hindi - February 7, 2023
- Lexus LC 500h Multi Stage Hybrid 2023: video review, specs & details in Hindi - February 7, 2023