Tata Motor’s premium hatchback Altroz celebrated the completion of one year since its launch with a new iTurbo model. As its name suggests, the car’s powertrain sports a brand new iTurbo engine. But that’s not all, the iTurbo also comes with top of the line fresh updates and we are here to take a look at the top 5 upgrades this hatchback has received.
- Engine: Powered by a new petrol engine, the Altroz iTurbo’s most striking feature is its new 1.2 L Turbocharged petrol BS6 compliant engine, borrowed from Tata’s own Nexon. The detuned motor offers a power level equal to 110 PS @ 550 rpm and peak torque of 140 Nm @ 1500 – 5500 rpm. The vehicle’s booking starts today on the 14th of January at INR 11,000 while the official launch will take place on January 22nd, with subsequent deliveries later on. The powertrain will be accompanied by the same 5-speed manual gearbox and the automatic DCT version is set to be introduced later on.
- New trim: With the new iTurbo launch, Tata Motors has also added a new top spec variant- the XZ+ and most of the new features accompany this model. The trim comes with all the new and old powertrain options.
- Xpress Cool: The XZ+ trim (both in standard Altroz and iTurbo) offers an Xpress cool comfort and convenience function that is exclusive to the trim level. The feature has been taken from Nexon and is first for an Altroz model. It especially works its magic in extremely hot conditions.
- Added connective features: The new top variant also comes with an array of connective features like the iRA (Intelligent Real Time Assistant), remote vehicle control through smartphone, natural voice tech, geo-fencing, Gamification and more. All the new functions also come with standard Altroz features like touchscreen display, roomy and serene interior cabin etc.
- Fresh exterior finish: The new launch offers all the previous outside paint options as before and has also added a new and vibrant Harbour Blue colour to the list. The new paint comes for all the trims from XM+ and above. Though the exterior has not seen any other changes, the new colour scheme seems quite enough to add a fresh feel to this new line-up. The 5-star safety rated hatchback also offers a contrast black roof choice in the XZ and XZ+ trims.
- up! can be Volkswagen’s answer to Maruti Swift & Hyundai i10 Nios in India - February 15, 2021
- Save Gotham! Somebody abandoned a Batmobile in Mumbai - January 24, 2021
- Should Honda e be the Japanese Automaker’s First Electric car in India? - January 22, 2021