If you’re an Indian car buyer looking to purchase a compact SUV, chances are you’ve already considered the all new Nexon by Indian automaker Tata Motors. We’ve compiled a list of five reasons that will hopefully help you in deciding if this is the ideal SUV for yourself.
India’s very own compact SUV, the all new Tata Nexon has been very popular since its launch in 2017 and is touted to be one of the safest cars in this segment. The vehicle flaunts a number of defining features that set it apart and here are the top 5 of them all.
- Safety: The Nexon cabin has been designed atop a high-strength steel structure that is extremely robust and offers protection to the occupants in case of an impact. In addition to its structure, the cabin has also been included with two standard front airbags. The vehicle also comes with a standard electronic stability program which comprises of features like Electric Traction Control, Brake Disc Warning etc. ISOFIX mounting ensures that child occupants are always safe inside the car.
- Design: The SUV’s style is a display of iconic-looking lines and muscly body. Its road presence is also heightened with the redesigned DRLS and Piano – Black ORVMS. Its interior showcases similar appeal with the sunroof, three-tone finish and stylish seat upholstery.
- Technology: Nexon’s technology is made up of a host of features that cover everything from safety to connectivity. The iRA is a specific in-car platform developed by Tata for the Indian customer base. The tech is innovative and protects the vehicle as well as its passengers from any harm, and the ‘what3words’ system assists navigation.
- Performance: The powertrain features two BS6 compliant engines- one a 1.2L Turbocharged Revotron Petrol which delivers 120PS (88.2 kW) of power, and the other a 1.5L Turbocharged Revotorq Diesel that gives 110PS (80.9 kW) of power. It also sports a 6-speed hyperdrive automatic transmission with self-shift gears that makes traffic manoeuvring smoother than ever.
- Supplementary features: Nexon’s ‘Nex Level’ driving experience is brought with a number of extra features like smart wipers, cruise control, tyre pressure monitoring system, cooled glovebox and express cool etc. that maintain both customer comfort and delight.
The ex-showroom price for a base Nexon XE is INR 6.99 lakhs while the top model XZ + DT (O) goes for INR 10.74 lakhs. Nexon competes in the market with Kia Sonet, Mahindra XUV300, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Ford EcoSport, Hyundai Venue and Nissan Magnite.
- up! can be Volkswagen’s answer to Maruti Swift & Hyundai i10 Nios in India - February 15, 2021
- Save Gotham! Somebody abandoned a Batmobile in Mumbai - January 24, 2021
- Should Honda e be the Japanese Automaker’s First Electric car in India? - January 22, 2021