DETROIT – The American automobile manufacturer General Motors Truck (GMC) has recently unveiled — a first-of-its-kind super pick-up truck, known as the 2022 Hummer EV Edition 1. The new introduction aims to earn its name in the field of a vehicle that produces zero-emission.
“This innovative truck comes to market with speed and purpose, bringing GM another step closer to an all-electric future,” said Mark Reuss, President of General Motors. “With our Ultium Drive architecture as the foundation for an exceptionally broad range of performance, Hummer EV is perfect for the customer who wants capability, efficiency and performance.”
The 2022 GMC Hummer is the first Electric Vehicle (EV) of the company that is made to give excellent road experience. The model is made using GMC’s Ultium batteries that will power the Ultium drive. The beautiful vehicle is made with the torque GM-estimated 11,500 lb-ft.
“We had one goal for Hummer EV: Build the most capable factory truck – ever,” said Al Oppenheiser, GMC Hummer EV Chief Engineer. “It’s an absolute off-road beast with a unique e4WD drive system that provides maneuverability, unlike anything GM has ever offered before.”
Features of the super 2022 GMC Hummer
- Segment-Exclusive 4 Wheel Steer featuring CrabWalk – a segment-exclusive feature that allows the rear wheels and front wheels to steer at the same angle at low speeds, enabling diagonal movement of the vehicle, for even greater maneuverability on challenging terrain
- The truck is technically designed that has a feature which let both the front and back wheels to steer equally using low speed at the challenging drive mode
- To clear the road boulder or water the truck has a special adaptive air suspension along with extract mode capability that allows the truck to go to the height of 6 inches (149 mm) and does the work of clearing
- The truck has 35-inch OD Goodyear Wrangler Territory MT tires that give strength and flexibility to the truck’s body, it helps in scaling up to 18-inch in the water.
- The battery pack of the truck is protected by the strong steel plates that shield the batter in extreme conditions
- The model has the best of camera that allows ultra vision and helps to increase awareness of surroundings.
- With the help of three-motor e4WD drive system, the pick-up truck produces and GM-estimated 11,500 lb-ft of torque along with 1,000 horsepower
- 800-volt DC public fast charging compatibility of up to 350 kilowatts. Industry-first technology mechanically switches the batteries from parallel to series mode during charging, which makes Hummer EV compatible with the fastest 350 kW DC fast chargers, enabling nearly 100 miles of range in 10 minutes of charging
- The 13.4- inch infotainment screen along with driver information centre which is 12.3-inch in size is for the benefit of the passengers as it conveys important information regarding the vehicle.
- General Motors has tested that Hummer EV will provide 350+ miles (563 km) of range on full charge
“The GMC Hummer EV reimagines an instantly-recognizable silhouette for a modern, all-electric future,” said Phil Zak, Design Executive Director. “Its design visually communicates extreme capability, which is reinforced with rugged architectural details offered with a premium, well-executed and appointed interior.”
As per the information received from the company, the production of the model will begin from next year at GM’s Factory Zero Detroit-Hamtramck Assembly Cente which has been modernized with an investment of $2.2-billion. A team of highly qualified engineers along with the computer-aided analysis are going to use their skill for the production of the super pick-up truck. The exterior and interior of the model are going to attract every truck lover.
- These are features which make GMC Hummer EV so unique & a super truck - October 22, 2020
- Cadillac got world’s fastest reacting suspension technology - October 21, 2020
- 2020 Volkswagen Arteon starts at Rs. 30 lakh in UK - October 19, 2020