Mumbai, May 26, 2022: Reaffirming its commitment towards fostering innovation, research, and advanced engineering, Tata Motors Ltd (TML), India’s leading automobile company, today announced that it has accelerated its drive for engineering excellence and innovation by filing a record number of 125 patents in FY22, which is the highest ever in its history. The patents filed entail a diverse range of innovations & developments in traditional & new energy powertrain technologies, safety, connected vehicle technologies, body in white (BIW) & trims along with other vehicle systems. The company has also received a grant of 56 patents during the same period.
With a rich history of pioneering technology and engineering solutions, TML has been consistently making “ahead- of-the-curve” investments in new age technologies, with a focus on enabling future ready mobility. Its intrinsic capabilities in R&D, technology incubation and success in developing segment-defining vehicles in both commercial and passenger vehicles has resulted in the introduction of several innovations over the years in its vehicles. These innovations are cherished by the customers leading to improved market shares and have since become industry benchmarks.
TML remains committed to satisfy the rising mobility aspirations of our customers by delivering high quality, smart features at affordable costs.
Speaking about Tata Motors’ commitment towards innovation & new technology, Rajendra Petkar, President & CTO, Tata Motors, said,
“We have established a legacy of setting new benchmarks with cutting-edge technologies and features in the areas of new energy solutions, safety, product performance, cost of ownership and digitalization. An enabling culture and ecosystem to foster innovation amongst our workforce and the drive to keep challenging the status quo in pursuit of excellence has been the key to delivery. We remain committed to use our engineering prowess in creating top class mobility solutions to serve the evolving aspirations of our customers.”
The R&D centres of Tata Motors have won several prestigious accolades and honors recently. These include:
- Two CII GreenCo awards for the Tata Motors at the 8th Edition of CII National Award for Environment Best Practices (2021)
- The IP Excellence Award, 2021 accorded by Questel, in recognition of Tata Motors’ valuable contribution as an Innovation-Driven Organization
- The “Special Appreciation Award” in “7th CII Industrial Intellectual Property Award Ceremony” in November 2021
- Excellence award at the 46th International convention on Quality Circles -2021
- Godawari Electric Motors to launch three-wheeler by early December - November 24, 2022
- Tata Tiago NRG iCNG launched, starts at Rs. 7.39 lakh - November 23, 2022
- Tata Tigor EV updated with 315 km range, now starts at Rs. 12.49 lakh - November 23, 2022