- The newest member of the ŠKODA SUV family dubbed as the KUSHAQ
- The name derives its roots from Sanskrit, and the word ‘KUSHAK’ implies ‘KING’ or ‘EMPEROR’
- The new ŠKODA offering will be the first vehicle based on the localised MQB A0 IN platform
- The KUSHAQ will resonate virtues of the premium ŠKODA SUVs: KODIAQ, KAROQ, and KAMIQ
Mladá Boleslav / Mumbai / Pune / Aurangabad, 07 January 2021: ŠKODA AUTO India has christened its midsized SUV, the first vehicle designed and developed under the purview of the ‘INDIA 2.0’ project, as the ‘ŠKODA KUSHAQ’. The naming nomenclature derives its origin from an ancient language of the INDIAN subcontinent, Sanskrit, and the word ‘KUSHAK’ denotes ‘KING’ or ‘EMPEROR’. In its stance, and mannerism, the powerful new ŠKODA KUSHAQ personifies its moniker, and at the same time, reflects upon its 125 years of rich history and heritage – a legacy that substantiates the brand claim ‘Driven by Inventiveness and Clever Ideas – Since 1895’. Further, the anointment with ‘K’ at the very start and ‘Q’ at the very end coherently resonates the virtues of the ŠKODA SUV family: KODIAQ, KAROQ, and KAMIQ.
Zac Hollis, Brand Director – ŠKODA AUTO India said, “The new ŠKODA KUSHAQ will offer a compelling combination of the brand’s timeless design ideals, unmatched performance, superior build quality, exemplary value proposition, and enhanced safety and security. It is deemed to be the best seller in its class, setting the benchmark for functionality, practicality, spaciousness, and convenience.”
With the ŠKODA KUSHAQ, the Czech automobile manufacturer leaps forward into a new era of mobility for the ŠKODA AUTO led Volkswagen Group, in India, based on state of the art and locally developed Modulare Querbaukasten (MQB) A0 IN platform. The latest offering, ŠKODA KUSHAQ, will also steer the way for a series of vehicles, proposed to be introduced over the next 18 months, tailored to the needs and demands of discerning customers from the domestic market as well as other emerging economies from the world over.
- Made in India 2021 Jeep Wrangler to launch on 15 March - February 23, 2021
- Lamborghini Miura SV sold for Rs. 21 crore & Countach LP 400 for Rs. 6.8 crore - February 23, 2021
- Gordon Murray Automotive T.50s Niki Lauda packs 725 BHP, weighs 852 kg - February 23, 2021