- New, premium midsize sedan for the Indian market features a generously sized interior and distinctive design elements
- Round air vents and a horizontal decorative trim frame a central, free-standing display
- World Premiere of the new ŠKODA SLAVIA will take place on 18 November
Mumbai, 09 November 2021 – ŠKODA AUTO has released the interior design sketches that offer a first glimpse of the much-awaited SLAVIA, before its world premiere. The premium midsize sedan’s cabin showcases the current ŠKODA interior concept, as featured in some of the brand’s other models along with the latest design elements. These include distinctive, round air vents, a horizontal decorative trim strip in a contrasting colour, and embossed wordmarks on the binnacle.
The central element in the interior of the current ŠKODA models is a free-standing infotainment display, that is a clear stand out in the cabin of the new ŠKODA SLAVIA. Underneath the 25.4 centimetres touchscreen display is a character line referencing the silhouette of the ŠKODA grille. It also serves as a hand-rest when operating the display. The width of the brand’s signature, spacious cabin is emphasised by a horizontal, seemingly floating trim strip in a contrasting colour, which extends all the way into the distinctive, round air vents on the sides. The digital instrument cluster’s display can be seen behind the two-spoke multifunction steering wheel.
Like the KUSHAQ, the ŠKODA SLAVIA is based on the locally developed and manufactured MQB-A0-IN platform. ŠKODA AUTO has specially adapted this version of the Volkswagen Group’s Modular Transverse Matrix for the Indian market. Its technical development was handled by the ŠKODA AUTO Technology Centre in Pune.
- BYD India appoints Landmark Group as it’s new dealer in Noida - March 20, 2023
- Renault Nissan to export cars from Kamarajar Port in Chennai - March 20, 2023
- Ferrari Roma Spider convertible launched with 611 Horsepower - March 19, 2023