ROWAN ATKINSON OFFERS HIS MERCEDES 500 E
AS STAR LOT AT CCA’S MAY SALE
o 1991 Mercedes 500 E offered by British actor Rowan Atkinson
o Owned not once but twice by the actor and comedian
o 1 of only 29 UK supplied cars in left hand drive
The next Classic Car Auctions (CCA) sale on the 25th May at the Warwickshire Exhibition Centre is set to have a number of star lots, including a 1991 Mercedes 500 E owned twice by Rowan Atkinson.
Leading the sale is the 1991 Mercedes 500 E currently owned and offered by Rowan Atkinson CBE. A known car enthusiast and historic racer, Rowan likes to enjoy his cars rather than tuck them away. His most prized car, which was recently sold, the Mclaren F1, is well documented.
The Mercedes 500E he is offering is extremely unusual in that Rowan has owned it not once, but twice.
He bought the car new in 1991 and owned it for four years before selling it on to its second owner, who then owned the car for the next 23 years. Rowan then repurchased the car in July 2017 as he had enjoyed it so much and now offers it for sale again.
This particular Mercedes 500 E is a real rarity as it is 1 of only 29 UK supplied cars in Left Hand Drive and is a serious power house. The ultimate wolf in sheep’s clothing, its 5.0L V8 goes from 0 to 62 mph in 5.5 seconds and tops out at 161mph.
It has regularly been featured in Car Magazine over the years and comes with a comprehensive history file. With an MOT until 2020 and attractively guided to allow for some tidying up, this could be you chance to own an extremely unique car being offered at no reserve.
Gary Dunne, Classic Car Auctions auction manager commented “We are delighted to be offering a car direct from Rowan Atkinson. It has such an unusual story in that he has owned it twice.”
“We often have unusual stories and this one is one of those, especially for a celebrity to repurchase his car after such a long period”
“We generally do well with celebrity cars and this car is going to generate a lot of interest, not just because who owned it but also the rarity of the car.”
On offer directly from Rowan Atkinson CBE…
- One of the original 29 UK-supplied 500E models in LHD
- The ultimate ‘Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing’. 5.0-L M119 V8, 0-62 mph in 5.5 seconds and 161 mph
- Owned from new by Rowan Atkinson for four years and regularly featured in “Car Magazine”
- With its second owner for 23 years. Subsequently repurchased by Rowan such was his enjoyment of the car
- Comprehensive history file. MOT until 2020. Attractively guided to allow for some tidying
- These cars are now gaining major traction with enthusiasts and collectors alike
|REGISTRATION:||J844 SPB||RHD/LHD:||Left Hand Drive|
|MAKE:||Mercedes||ODOMETER READING (MILES):||193000|
|MODEL:||500 E||MOT EXPIRY:||2020-02-29|
- Lamborghini Urus Graphite Capsule tags itself as Super SUV - September 26, 2020
- NHAI accepted suggestions to speed up highway development - September 26, 2020
- Hyundai Design lead SangYup Lee talks about 2021 Tucson development - September 26, 2020