- Culture photographer, Mark Riccioni, captures transformative Rolls-Royce motor car
- Phantom ‘Gentleman’s Tourer’ challenges expected codes of automotive luxury
- ‘Phantom Off-duty’ photography and motor car to be exhibited at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars London from 1-8 March
Patrons of Rolls-Royce Motor Cars connect with the marque as an enabler to create symbolic expressions of their lifestyles. In doing so, these thought leaders work in collaboration with the brand to expand and challenge recognised notions of luxury.
One particular Rolls-Royce Phantom, dubbed by its commissioning patron as the ‘Gentleman’s Tourer’, embodies this spirit. A standard Wheelbase model driven solely by the owner himself, it pursues an indisputably modern, urban aesthetic: a deeply personal vision that displays a refreshing irreverence towards the expected codes of automotive luxury.
Witnessing the ‘Gentleman’s Tourer’ at the Geneva motor show, automotive culture photographer, Mark Riccioni, voiced a desire to capture this significant motor car in a fashion befitting of its spirit: disruptive, imperious and unapologetically contemporary. Having gained the owner’s permission through the brand, Riccioni chose to shoot his images in London, visiting a series of locations that reflect the zeitgeist that informed the commissioning patron’s vision for his motor car. Rolls-Royce will exhibit Riccioni’s work at a special ‘Phantom Off-duty’ exhibition at its Berkeley Square dealership in London.
Torsten Müller Ötvös, Chief Executive Officer, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars, said, “Luxury is deeply personal; it is shaped by cultural codes and an individual’s personal philosophy. ‘Gentleman’s Tourer’ is a truly unique expression of these principles, formed in one of the world’s most exhilarating cities – the capital of our home market, London. I am delighted that Mark Riccioni has so effectively captured the spirit in which this motor car was commissioned and that we are able to share these images with the public.”
The images was on display at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars London, 15 Berkeley Square, London, W1J 6EG from March 1 to 8, accompanied by the ‘Gentleman’s Tourer’, kindly on loan from its owner.
- PSA partners GoMechanic to launch Eurorepar aftermarket products - September 30, 2020
- Lufthansa increasing flight operations to UAE, Swiss & Edelweiss to rearrange services - September 30, 2020
- 4 variants of MG Gloster detailed - September 30, 2020