The R.S. 2027 Vision embodies Renault’s vision of how Formula 1 might be in 10 years – 2027 – based on its long experience of the sport as it prepares to celebrate the fortieth anniversary of its involvement later this year. The new concept car also expresses the brand’s intention to be in the competition for the long-term. Indeed, Renault is eager to play a major role in shaping Formula 1’s evolution and to put drivers put very much back at the heart of the sport.
The R.S. 2027 Vision also probes areas in which new technologies might be carried over from motor racing to road vehicles for the benefit of customers, and vice-versa.
- R.S. 2027 Vision embodies Renault’s vision of Formula 1 in 2027: Greater focus on the drivers, more spectacular, more electric, safer racing.
- Renault Espace comes to China, completing crossover line-up in the country; adds new engine and equipment upgrade for Kadjar, its core-range crossover model in China.
Renault had plenty of news at Auto Shanghai 2017, including the revelation of its vision for the future of Formula 1, plus changes to the brand’s range in China, with the availability of the Renault Espace from the second half of the year, and upgrades for the Renault Kadjar.
The R.S. 2027 Vision
Aided by 40 years of experience in Formula 1, Renault has outlined a vision of what racing’s premier series might look like in 2027:
- A more human-centric championship with drivers at the heart of the sport, as illustrated by a transparent cockpit and a transparent helmet that allow the drivers to be seen in the heat of the action.
- A more spectacular show, with active LED lighting incorporated into the wheels and moving aerodynamic parts such as the car’s active wings.
- Safer racing thanks to an autonomous mode that can be activated in the case of an accident, along with an ultra-resistant polycarbonate cockpit canopy to protect against impact.
- More extensive interaction between the cars and greater connection with spectators. Fans will be able to view the telemetry data of their favourite driver for example.
- Ultra-high-performance racing that benefits from Groupe Renault’s expertise in the realms of four-wheel drive, four-wheel steering and very high-energy density batteries.
- An even more environmentally-respectful form of Formula 1, with the fuel tank capacity halved in the space of 10 years, plus a full-electric mode for use along the pit lane.
- The R.S. 2027 Vision also features the C-shaped lighting signature that has become a familiar hallmark of Renault’s road vehicles.
“One role of Renault Sport Racing is to anticipate the future of Formula 1 so that it draws a maximum number of fans in an environment consistent with Groupe Renault’s objectives. We look forward to generating inspired conversations with the racing community, fans and enthusiasts through this concept that highlights our ideas and desires.” Cyril Abiteboul, Managing Director, Renault Sport Racing.
- Rolls-Royce Motor Cars welcomes 18 new Apprentices at Goodwood factory - October 26, 2020
- 360 degree view of cars inside out at Spinny - October 26, 2020
- With 450 vehicles Mahindra Service on Wheels completes 1 year - October 26, 2020