Monthly Performance: November 2020
Production: The total production of Passenger Vehicles, Three Wheelers, Two Wheelers and Quadricycle in the month of November 2020 was 22,96,701 units, as against 2,258,290 units in November 2019 marking a growth of 1.70%.
- Passenger Vehicles sales was 264,898 units in November 2020, compared to 253,139 units in November 2019, marking a growth of 4.65%.
- Three-wheeler sales was 23,626 units in November 2020 compared to 55,778 units in November 2019 marking a decrease by (-) 57.64%.
- Two-wheeler sales was 1,600,379 units in November 2020, compared to 1,410,939 units in November 2019, with a growth of 13.43%.
Performance: April – November 2020
Production: Total production of Passenger Vehicles, Three Wheelers, Two Wheelers and Quadricycle in April-November 2020 was 13,137,233 units as against 18,356,431 units in April-November 2019 with a decline of (-) 28.43 %.
- Passenger Vehicles sales was 1,455,558 units in April-November 2020, compared to 1,858,180 units in April-November 2019, down by (-) 21.67%.
- Three-wheeler sales was 108,475 units in April-November 2020 compared to 453,459 units in April- November 2019, down by (-) 76.08 %.
- Two-wheeler sales was 9,637,871 units in April-November 2020, compared to 12,863,757 units in April-November 2019, down by (-) 25.08 %
* BMW, Mercedes, Tata Motors & Volvo Auto data is not available
** BMW, Mercedes & Volvo Auto data is not available, Tata Motors data is only available for Apr-Sep
Commenting on the November 2020 data, Rajesh Menon, Director General, SIAM said “We have witnessed an increase in wholesale numbers in the month of November, where Passenger Vehicles grew by 4.65% and Two-Wheelers by 13.43% over the corresponding month of last year, primarily on account of the festive season. The retail sales of two-wheelers lags behind the wholesale sales numbers but would even out over a period, as OEMs engage with their dealers. While the festive season brought back some fervor in specific segments, the overall economic scenario would determine the industry’s performance going forward.”
Rajesh Menon, Director General, SIAM
- This is all-electric Mercedes-Benz EQS, 516 horsepower, 770 km range - April 16, 2021
- Bentley Continental GT V8 Equinox Edition is handcrafted for Japan - April 15, 2021
- MINI John Cooper Works 3-door updated, emits 231 horsepower - April 15, 2021