Cities grow crowded, the constant hustle and bustle of an hectic life, the smoke as much part of the you as it is part of the city. To escape this ever present noise and breathe in the fresh air, Americans are looking for outdoor adventure and towing is on an upward trend.
As expressed by the GMC, Marketing Director, Rich Latek, “Trailering is essential for pickup truck customers. More than half of our Sierra customers use their trucks to primarily tow equipment for outdoor adventures, ”He further added,. “We continually listen to customer feedback, which tells us they want class-leading safety, technology and comfort to tow what they need, whether it’s a boat, an RV or a trailer hauling off-road toys.”
Given the customer feedback and the rise in towing., the new GMC Sierra 1500 and Sierra Heavy Duty now include multitude of features that capitalize on the trucks’ strong suite of customer-focused trailering technologies. Some of the features include, Jack Knife Alert, Trailer Length indicator, enhanced Rear Trailer View among others.
- Trailer Length Indicator– This feature will help during the lane-changing maneuver and whenever the driver has switched on the turn signal, will show in the centre console screen, a red overlay, twice the length of the compatible trailer and which other vehicles would be present and if any interference will be there due to them.
- Jack Knife Alert: An all new feature for 2021, this is to avoid any jack knife situation with the truck and the trailer attached to it. It will track the position of the track and compatible trailer and will alert in case the trailer comes near the rear end of the vehicle.
- Rear Trailer View has guidance and Trailer-Angle Indicator: This will help in backing the trailer and it will track the position of both the compatible trailer and the truck. To access this feature, the customers will have to buy the GM auxiliary camera.
- Rear Side View Enhancement- in the new 2021 GMC Sierra, this feature will help the driver of the vehicle to see the split view of left and right side and the truck and the compatible trailer in relation with each other and especially be useful during backing of the truck and trailer combo.
- Cargo Bed View Enhancement: To align and hooking of gooseneck or fifth wheel trailer, this all new feature has been introduced (New Cargo Bed Zoom View and Bed Hitch Guidance) and are available now. These features will need a conventional-hitched box or camping trailer.
Apart from these prominent features, the 2021 GMC Sierra 150 will also come with features like MultiPro Tailgate on SLE and Elevation trims as well as a variety of new colors. There are other features on the GMC Sierra 1500 AT 4 including 20 inch Wrangler Territory tires and an off road high clearance step. This all new 3.0 L Duramax Turbo Diesel strikes the balance of performance and efficiency with 460 lb Ft torque and best in class HP whilst providing EPA estimated 30 mpg on highway. The MRSP has also been reduced of this popular engine by $1500 to $995, best new for al those vying to buy this new model.
On the other hand, the new 2021 GMC Sierra Heavy Duty will have popular premium trims and HD Surround Vision and Bed View Camera technology. Along with this, the upcoming Sierra HD Denali Black diamond Edition posses one of its kind features including 20 inch high gloss black wheels and new power retractable assist step. This is a kind of update all outdoorsy individuals like to hear.
- Mercedes-Benz EQA target group is young, dynamic, urban, a new generation! - January 25, 2021
- Limited Edition DS 7 Crossback Louvre starts at Rs. 46 lakh in UK - January 25, 2021
- Airbus starts testing flying laboratory helicopter - January 24, 2021