Melbourne, Australia (23 August, 2019)– Nissan Australia is celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Nissan 370Z with a special edition variant that considers the brand’s proud racing history.
The Nissan 370Z 50th Anniversary Edition’s distinctive two-tone colour scheme, in red and white and silver and black, is based off the #46 BRE (Brock Racing Enterprises) Datsun 240Z that won the 1970 and 1971 SCCA National Championships in the US. This 2020 special edition Nissan 370Z is powered by Nissan’s 3.7 litre V6 engine, which outputs 245kW of power at 7,000rpm and 363Nm of torque at 5,200rpm.
In celebration of its golden anniversary, Nissan 370Z features both interior and exterior enhancements. Based off the standard Coupe, the model has the following exterior updates:
- 50th anniversary badging features on the rear of the car and the surrounds of the indicators on the front quarter panels
- White body with a red bonnet, a-pillars that connect through to the boot, side mirrors and two signature stripes on the side of the car (or)
- Silver body with a black bonnet, roof a-pillars that connect through to the boot, side mirrors and two signature stripes on the side of the car
- Along the side of the car, a thin line runs from the headlight to the rear glass, culminating in a small triangle inspired by the C-pillar of the Datsun 240Z
- Updated 19 inch wheels, incorporating red rings
Inside, the Nissan 370Z 50th Anniversary interior has also been refreshed, including red highlights that add to the premium feel of the cabin. It includes:
- Red leather mesh on the seats incorporating the 50th anniversary wreath around the Z logo
- Red stitching on the doors, knee pad, C Cluster and steering wheel – the latter also adding the red centre mark
- There are red highlights on the shift knob and the shifter boot, plus a 50th anniversary logo.
- A 50th anniversary logo on the tachometer
- Dark chrome Z logo on the kick plates and a black finisher
“The Nissan 370Z is an iconic car with a strong following in Australia,” said Nissan Australia managing director Stephen Lester.
“Since its arrival here we’ve sold almost 22,000 Zs, and this 50th anniversary commemorative edition is sure to attract passionate Z fans and buyers.”
The 50th Anniversary model comes equipped with a close-ratio, 6-speed manual gearbox that features a synchronised downshift rev-matching system called SynchroRev Match®, or a 7-speed automatic with Downshift Rev Matching, paddle shifters and adaptive shift control designed to offer quick, manual-like shifting when operated in manual mode.
Complementing the interior updates, the Nissan 370Z 50th anniversary edition comes with satellite navigation with 3D mapping and a 7-inch integrated colour display with touch screen and steering wheel-mounted controls.
Including intelligent keyless entry, push button start, Bluetooth handsfree phone and cruise control as standard, the Nissan 370Z also has heated seats, a leather accented steering wheel and gear shift lever and automatic climate control.
The Z made its global debut with the 240Z in 1969. Following the 240Z, the 260Z and 280ZX followed, before the first Nissan badged 300ZX arrived. The Nissan 350Z went on sale at the start of the century before the current generation Nissan 370Z was unveiled at the 2008 LA Auto Show.
On sale now, the Nissan 370Z 50th Anniversary Edition is priced at $53,490 (MSRP) for the manual variant, and $55,990 for the automatic alternative.
- BrahMos Land-Attack Cruise Missile tested at top speed of 3457 kph - October 1, 2020
- Norwegian Air Ambulance Foundation buys Airbus H145 Helicopter - October 1, 2020
- Nissan will cover India under the new AMIEO region - October 1, 2020