The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has notified amendment to CMVR 1989 through GSR 598(E) dated 30th September, 2020 deferring the applicability date for implementing the next stage of emission norms for tractors (TREM Stage-IV) from Oct this year to 1st Oct next year. The Ministry had received the request to this effect from the Ministry of Agriculture, Tractor Manufacturers and agriculture associations. For the Construction Equipment Vehicles, the applicability of next phase of emission norms are proposed to be applicable wef 1st Apr 2021, providing a deferment of six months.
The amendment also attempts to avoid confusion between the emission norms of other Motor vehicles which has BS as norms and those for agricultural machinery, construction equipment vehicles and such other equipment. The amendment includes:
- separate the emission norms for Agricultural machinery (agricultural tractors, power tillers and combined harvesters) and Construction Equipment Vehicles, and
- (Change in the nomenclature of emission norms from Bharat Stage (CEV/TREM)–IV and Bharat Stage (CEV/TREM) –V to
- TREM Stage-IV and TREM Stage-V for Agricultural Tractors and other Equipment
- CEV Stage – IV and CEV Stage-V for the Construction Equipment Vehicles
The draft rules to amend these Rules were published vide notification number G.S.R 491(E), dated the 5th August,2020.
- Pitbull invests in NASCAR team named Trackhouse Racing - January 16, 2021
- Stéphane Peterhansel driving MINI JCW Buggy wins 2021 Dakar Rally - January 16, 2021
- 2021 Isuzu D-Max comes with better safety tech & off-road performance - January 15, 2021