Good news travels fast, and this is certainly true for Indian Tesla fans who are now awaiting the upcoming 2021 arrival of Tesla Model 3 on the roads of India. This launch announcement has fans in the highest of spirits as it is Tesla’s first of the many ventures to come in the country.
Tesla is finally coming to India with the Model 3 and auto junkies couldn’t be happier about it. Model 3 has already set the record for being the best-selling electric car in history and we predict that it will keep up its rep in India as well. We’ll now take a brief look at all the features that make it an ideal drive partner on Indian roads.
- Safe as can be: Tesla developed the Model 3 on the premise of making as safe an electric car as possible. Safety is the prime focus of the overall Model 3 design and it definitely makes a difference to Indian buyers knowing that their families would be safe inside this car.
- Incredible driving range: Tesla prides itself on the range its vehicles travel after every single charge and the Model 3 is no exception. Just connect it to a charger for 15 minutes and the vehicle travels over 280 km, its maximum range goes well over 580 km. Even though it is fully electric, the vehicle is well-equipped to accompany drivers for long trips.
- Driver-focused interior: Tesla likes to keep their vehicle interiors as advanced as they are minimalistic. The seating is quite comfortable and all the features are made accessible to the driver with the 15-inch central touchscreen.
- Extremely capable autopilot: Passengers can safely rely on the Model 3 to drive them to their desired destination. The vehicle can self-drive, navigate, park, complete a bunch of driving tasks etc. and has been fully equipped with required hardware to do so.
- Impressive performance levels: The AWD Model 3 comes with dual motors which offer improved handling and added traction while on the road. The motors, 20 inch Überturbine wheels and carbon fibre spoilers ensure that the vehicle remains stable even at its max acceleration of 0 to 100 km/h in 3.1 seconds.
The Model 3 sedan comes in three variations of Performance, Long Range AWD and Standard Plus. In India, the model is expected to launch at an expected price of INR 60 lakhs, however, the final price is also speculated to reach somewhere around INR 75 lakhs.
- up! can be Volkswagen’s answer to Maruti Swift & Hyundai i10 Nios in India - February 15, 2021
- Save Gotham! Somebody abandoned a Batmobile in Mumbai - January 24, 2021
- Should Honda e be the Japanese Automaker’s First Electric car in India? - January 22, 2021