Phase 2 expansion entails retailing of EQC from 50 cities and 94 outlets, from the initial 6 metros
- Mercedes-Benz dealerships and workshops across markets will now be ready with trained manpower and equipment for the sales and service of the EQC
- Based on strong customer demand for the EQC, Mercedes-Benz now reopens booking for the next batch of the EQC
- The next batch of the EQC starts arriving from October 2021 onwards
- Booking commences across Mercedes-Benz India dealerships and also online at the company’s official website
- The new batch of EQCs features an upgraded 11 kw/h on-board charger which reduces charging time by 3.5 hours
Pune: India’s largest luxury car maker Mercedes-Benz today further deepened its commitment towards sustainable luxury mobility by announcing an expansion of its EQC retail footprint in India. The EQC which pioneered the luxury EV segment in India will now be retailed across Mercedes-Benz dealerships across the country, under the Phase II expansion strategy. The EQC launched in 2020 was until now available in 6 select cities across 14 locations, as part of the Phase 1 launch plan. Mercedes-Benz dealers across the 50 cities and 94 locations, will be equipped with EQC trained manpower and equipment to offer a hassle-free ownership experience for the EQC owners.
Mercedes-Benz India also announced the re-opening of booking for the next batch of EQC’s which will be available for customer orders starting today. Customers can book their EQC online from the comfort of their homes or by visiting the nearest Mercedes-Benz dealership.
Commenting on the expansion of the EQC network Martin Schwenk, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India said, “Pioneering the luxury EV market in India with the EQC was an important decision for us and a step taken in the right direction. With the growing customer demand for the EQC, we are now expanding our EV penetration to 50 Indian cities, covering our entire retail network spread. This decision will enable more customers across Indian cities to own the EQC and join the transition to luxury e-mobility. Commencement of Phase II expansion for the EQC is in line with our broader vision of creating a long-term, worry-free, sustainable e-mobility ecosystem for our customers in India. Mercedes-Benz globally is pursuing an aggressive EV strategy of ‘EV first to EV only’, and in India, the high acceptance level of the EQC makes us confident that, electric is the future.”
The EQC now features an upgraded 11 kW onboard charger. The new onboard charger will charge the 80 kWh battery in 7 hours 30 minutes from 10 % to 100% state of charge, instead of the 11 hours taken earlier. The Spare Wheel now comes under the load floor of the EQC.
Ahmedabad, Baroda, Rajkot, Surat, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Dehradun, Ludhiana, Jalandhar, Karnal, Kanpur, Raipur, Nagpur, Nashik, Hyderabad, Kolhapur, Mysore, Calicut, Coimbatore, Vizag, Kolkata, Jamshedpur, Guwahati, Bhubaneshwar, Goa, Mangalore, Salem, Kochi, Thrissur, Madurai, Hubbali, Bhopal, Indore, Kolkata, Chandigarh, Vadodara, Mohali, Vijaywada, Aurangabad, Lucknow, and other cities.
- 4 lakh Renault Kwid sold in India - December 6, 2021
- Tata Motors to increase the prices of its commercial vehicles by 2.5% - December 6, 2021
- Audi A4 Premium 40 TFSI launched in India at Rs. 39.99 lakh - December 6, 2021