· Reiterates Mercedes-Benz India’s focus on developing the future talents by upskilling them for the transition in the automotive industry
· Mercedes-Benz will collaborate with institutes to create a comprehensive module which bridges skill gaps and creates a ‘EV Industry Ready’ employable talent pool
· The EV Course will be integrated in the existing Advanced Diploma in Automotive Mechatronics course (ADAM)
· Mercedes-Benz India has introduced the 1 year ADAM course in reputed institutes across India such as Government polytechnic (GPP), Pune, Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT), Bhubaneshwar, Government Engineering College, (GEC) Barton Hill Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala among others
· The purpose of the course is to hone the skillset of the students and introduce them to the latest technological advancements in the world of automobiles
· Over 1200 students from nine institutes have benefited from the ADAM course
· The first EV module will be rolled-out at Maharshi Karve Stree Shikshan Samstha, Pune (MKSSS Women’s College), associated with Mercedes-Benz since 2018
· Mercedes-Benz will subsequently introduce the EV module in two more institutes by 2022, followed by other institutes across the country in due course
Pune: Mercedes-Benz the country’s largest luxury car maker today reiterated its commitment of continuing to develop the future talent pool in the country and make them industry ready, through its academic upskilling initiatives. The company today introduced a industry focused unique EV module in its highly popular Advanced Diploma in Automotive Mechatronics (ADAM) course.
To also promote diversity and equal opportunity for women in the auto industry which is at the cusp of an EV revolution, Mercedes-Benz’s EV module is first introduced at the Maharshi Karve Stree Shikshan Samstha (MKSSS Women’s College)in Pune. The EV module for Advanced Mechatronics course was rolled-out by Martin Schwenk, MD & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India, Mr. Shekhar Bhide, Vice-President, Customer Services, Mercedes-Benz India, Dr. Madhuri Khambete, Principal, Cummins College of Engineering and Mr. Rajendra Jog, Trustee, MKSSS.
Martin Schwenk, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India commented, “Electric is the future and it is imperative that we drive ahead with upskilling and re-skilling initiatives for our talent pool, making them industry ready and create a robust e-mobility ecosystem. The new EV module of the ADAM course leverages Mercedes-Benz’s global expertise to impart world-class training to our young generation, aspiring for an automotive career. There is a need for the present academic curriculums to be in sync with the rapid transition and evolving requirements of the Indian EV Industry. With the introduction of the EV module, we are addressing this specific requirement and will help create a pool of young talents, who will be instrumental in supporting the transition to e-mobility.”
“Our continued association with MKSSS, Pune is a testament to our commitment to promote a culture of diversity that offers equal opportunities to young aspirants to excel in the field of automotive mechatronics. We are confident that the inclusion of the EV module will be beneficial, making their skillset highly sought after for the emerging requirements of the automotive industry.” added Mr. Schwenk
Dr. P.V.S. Shastry, Secretary of MKSSS, commented, “We are delighted that the first EV Module in an ADAM course is introduced at MKSSS. As the automotive industry is witnessing a demand for EV-trained workforce, this module will provide our students with an edge over competition and create good career opportunities. Since its inception in 2018, the ADAM course at MKSSS has met with unparalleled success among the women in our institute who are keen on making a career in automobile industry. In fact, in the last two years, we have achieved 100% placement offers before the completion of the course. The hands-on, practical training experience has proved to be a boon for their learning as well as job prospects.”
The EV module will be a part of a 12-month Advanced Diploma in Automotive Mechatronics (ADAM) course, a unique public-private partnership initiative aimed to upskill students with the latest technological advancements. The course will be split into subtopics, designed to impart a holistic understanding of the latest cutting-edge EV technology at par with global industry standards. The module will impart knowledge about the advanced level of systems in the vehicle, awareness about the HV System & its measurements, along with personal & vehicle safety. It will also provide an opportunity for the students to get hands-on practical expertise in EV technologies as well.
Introduced in 2006, ADAM course is an initiative by Mercedes-Benz focused on building competencies and skills and has been successfully operational in nine technical institutions in various cities across the country. Over 1200 students have benefited from the ADAM course since its inception, wherein they have achieved successful placements in the Industry.
- Maruti Suzuki Swift S-CNG launched, starts at Rs. 7.77 lakh - August 13, 2022
- 2022 Mahindra Scorpio Classic revealed with few changes & Gen-2 mHawk engine - August 13, 2022
- 2022 Hyundai Tucson launched in India, starts at Rs. 27.69 lakh - August 13, 2022