Mercedes-Benz India boasts of the largest SUV portfolio in India
EQB is Mercedes-Benz’s third all-electric luxury vehicle launched in 2022
Mercedes-Benz has already installed 30 Ultra-Fast Chargers (180 / 60 kWh)
• The seven-seater SUVs, EQB and GLB boast of space with foldable second and third-row seats with boot capacity of up to 1620 liters and 1680 liters, respectively
• The second row offers 40:20:40 split, can be moved forward & backward for space variability
• The GLB has powerful proportions with a strong off-road-oriented design while the EQB’s electro design showcases its progressive luxury
• The EQB 300 4MATIC is fitted with 66.5 kWh lithium-ion battery with high energy density and has a WLTP certified range of 423 km
• The GLB 220d 4MATIC comes with an Off-Road Engineering Package which helps adapt the engine’s power delivery and the ABS control for rough terrain
• There is a residual value guarantee of 64% for three years for GLB as well as EQB
• GLB comes with 8 Year Engine Transmission Warranty | EQB equipped with 8 Year Battery Warranty
• The Mercedes-Benz EQB and GLB are CBUs (Completely Built Units)
• The introductory pricing for GLB 200 is INR 63.8 Lakhs, GLB 220d is INR 66.8 Lakhs, GLB 220d 4MATIC is INR 69.8 Lakhs and EQB 300 4MATIC is INR 74.5 Lakhs (all India ex-showroom prices)
• The EQB will come with a complimentary AC Wallbox Charger
Pune: The country’s largest luxury carmaker Mercedes-Benz today strengthened its luxury SUV portfolio by launching two new luxury SUVs, the GLB and the EQB. This is the first time Mercedes-Benz launches a petrol (GLB 200), a diesel (GLB 220d, GLB 220d 4M) and an EV (EQB 300) simultaneously, for the Indian market. These spacious and versatile seven-seater SUV siblings target large nuclear families wanting more space for their active lifestyle and dynamic requirements. With the GLB and EQB SUVs, Mercedes-Benz continues to have the most comprehensive SUV portfolio for any carmaker in India, ranging from the GLA in the luxury segment to the GLS Maybach in the Top-End luxury segment.
After the overwhelming customer response for the ‘Made in India’ Mercedes-Benz EQS 580 4MATIC, the EQB is the third all-electric vehicle launched this year. The versatile, stylish, and environment-friendly EQB reiterates Mercedes-Benz‘s commitment to electrification across its product portfolio.
The GLB reinterprets the characteristic appearance of an SUV with versatility and dynamism. GLB’s striking design, flexible seating positions, legroom, and load compartment, makes it a highly practical urban SUV for daily usage. In addition, its powerful proportions and off-road capabilities create a compelling proposition for a mid-size 7-seater luxury SUV, sought by young and active Indian families.
Launching the SUV siblings, Martin Schwenk, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India, said, “We are excited to wrap up 2022 with the key introduction of two versatile 7-seater SUVs the GLB & EQB. Both these SUVs are highly versatile, spacious and ideal for large nuclear families requiring extra space and pair of seats, for the pre-teens or even pets. They can seat up to 7 passengers and offer a choice of space configurations while also being able to navigate rough terrain effortlessly.”
He added, “For the first time, we are offering three powertrains, a petrol, diesel, and an electric for our customers. The launch of the EQB is also a significant step towards our vision of transitioning to a climate neutral fleet gradually, with four luxury EVs in Mercedes-Benz India portfolio. We have also introduced attractive ownership propositions like industry best warranties on both the SUVs for an enhanced customer experience.”
Mercedes-Benz has set up 30 Ultra-Fast Chargers across the country and there will be 10 more by the end of 2022. With this, the company will offer more than 140 charging points across the country. Mercedes-Benz customers will receive a complimentary AC wallbox with the EQB and can also avail complimentary charging for the first year of car ownership.
TOP HIGHLIGHTS OF MERCEDES-BENZ GLB 200, GLB 220d, & GLB 220d 4MATIC:
1. Strong proportions and off-road-oriented design: The upright front section with its striking headlamps is clear evidence of its off-road genes, as are the short overhangs at the front and rear. The muscular and sensuously contoured vehicle shoulder dominates the side view. Further, with the optical underride guards and all-round protective cladding, the GLB clearly asserts its robust character through its distinctive design.
2. Plenty of room in all dimensions: The GLB offers length, wheelbase and height, which is very close to the GLC. It offers a generous amount of space and a maximum boot capacity of 1680 liters.
3. Ready for boarding up to seven seats: The GLB offers a third-seat row with two additional individual seats. The third row is ideal for families with kids and pet lovers.
4. Clever space solutions: Space variability is possible to suit your needs. The second seat row has a 40:20:40 folding split and if required you can slide the entire second row by up to 90 mm forwards and 50 mm backward increasing the variability even further. Both second and third-row seats are foldable for additional boot space.
5. Powerful and efficient Engines: The new GLB places its trust in technologically advanced four-cylinder petrol and diesel engines. Three powertrain options are available: Petrol 4×2, Diesel 4×2 and Diesel 4×4.
6. Strong and safe: The GLB features a body shell of modern lightweight steel construction. High-strength, ultra-high-strength and hot-formed steel panels account for about 72 percent of the body shell structure.
7. MBUX (Mercedes-Benz User Experience): High-resolution screens and graphics, a customizable display, learning-capable software, and Voice Control with natural language recognition, takes the User Experience up by a notch.
8. Off-Road Engineering Package: Available in the 4MATIC variant, it adapts the engine’s power delivery and the ABS control for rough terrain.
9. EASY-PACK tailgate: This makes loading and unloading the luggage compartment even more convenient.
10. Active Parking Assist with PARKTRONIC: already makes searching for a parking space easier and assists with parking in parallel and end-on spaces
|Powertrain||GLB 200||GLB 220d||GLB 220d 4MATIC|
Number of Cylinders
Rated Output kW [hp]
at 5500 rpm
at 3800 rpm
at 3800 rpm
at 1620 – 4000 rpm
at 1600 – 2600
at 1600 – 2600
Acceleration ( 0-100) km/h
TOP HIGHLIGHTS OF EQB 300 4MATIC:
1. Electro design aesthetics: The EQB interprets Mercedes-EQ’s Progressive Luxury in an edgy and particularly characterful way. It features the characteristic Mercedes-EQ black panel grille with a central star. A further distinctive design feature of the all-electric world of Mercedes-EQ vehicles is the continuous light strip at the front and rear.
2. The battery: The EQB is fitted with a lithium-ion battery with a high energy density. It has a maximum voltage of 367 V and a usable energy content of 66.5 kWh.
3. Powerful and efficient motors: The EQB 300 4MATIC has two motors, an asynchronous motor and a newly developed permanently excited synchronous motor in the rear axle. This gives a combined power output of 168 kW and torque of 390 Nm.
4. Plenty of room in all dimensions: The EQB has length/width/height and a wheelbase very close to the GLC. It offers a generous amount of space and a maximum boot capacity of 1620 litres.
5. Ready for boarding up to seven seats: The EQB comes with a third seat row with two additional individual seats. The third row is ideal for families with kids and pet lovers.
6. More traction with 4MATIC all-wheel drive: The 4MATIC system uses Torque Shift: the distribution of the torque is adjusted 100 times per second as required on a continuously variable basis between the two electric units at the front and rear axles.
7. Sophisticated thermal management system: With its numerous innovative details, such as the reuse of the waste heat from the electric drive system, the system is configured for exceptional efficiency and thus maximum range
8. Navigation with Electric Intelligence: The standard Navigation with Electric Intelligence contributes to the effortless handling of the EQB in everyday life. It calculates the fastest route to the destination, taking into account charging power and the duration of possible charging stops.
9. CCS charging socket for AC as well as DC: At home or public charging stations, the EQB can be conveniently charged at up to 11 kW with alternating current (AC) using the onboard charger. It is even faster at direct current (DC) fast-charging stations. The EQB can charge with a maximum power of up to 100 kW with DC charging. The charging time is 32 minutes from 10-80% charge.
10. Safety concept for the high-voltage system: The high-voltage system can be automatically switched off in a crash. Another feature of this comprehensive safety concept is that the charging process is automatically stopped if an impact is detected when the car is charging at a DC charging station.
|Technical details of EQB 300 4MATIC|
Front Axle : Asynchronous motor (ASM),
Max. torque at transmission output
Drive system layout
Acceleration 0-100 km/h
Battery energy content, usable (WLTP)
On board charger (standard) AC
Max. DC charging power
Max Range (WLTP)
388 – 423 km
Electrical consumption ( WLTP)
EQB 300 4MATIC
Rosé gold / titanium grey pearl
GLB 200 and GLB 220d
MANUFAKTUR patagonia red
GLB 220d 4MATIC
DINAMICA Microfibre Black
MANUFAKTUR patagonia red
- 2023 Range Rover Velar launched in petrol, diesel & electric hybrid variants - February 7, 2023
- Mercedes-Benz GLB 220d 4Matic 2023: video review, specs & details in Hindi - February 7, 2023
- Lexus LC 500h Multi Stage Hybrid 2023: video review, specs & details in Hindi - February 7, 2023