The new AMG E 63 S 4MATIC+ is the result of the most radical model change from its previous generation; a never-before explosive mix of performance and intelligence
- Most powerful engine ever installed in an E-Class – twin-turbo V8 with 450 kW (612 hp) of power, zooms from 0-100 km/h in a mere 3.4 seconds, making it the quickest saloon from Mercedes-Benz
- The E 63 S 4MATIC+ features Cylinder Deactivation System for the first time; sets a benchmark for efficiency in the segment
- The AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT (Multi Clutch Technology) nine-speed sport transmission is combined with a wet start-off clutch for the first time to enable more agile response times
- The innovative 4MATIC+ drive system offers fully variable torque distribution on the front and rear axles to ensure optimum traction. Drift mode comes as standard
- Completely re-engineered AMG sport suspension based on the AIR BODY CONTROL, with fully supporting multi-chamber air suspension for maximum lateral and longitudinal dynamics
- Expressive exterior design, featuring a new radiator grille, coupé-style inset bonnet and an aerodynamically sound wide and muscular front apron
- The intense relationship between AMG and the E-Class goes back more than four decades, with the legendary Mercedes-Benz 300 SE from 1965
- Mercedes-Benz India now offers 14 AMG models in the country
- The Mercedes-AMG E 63 S 4MATIC+ is priced at INR 1.5 crore ex-showroom, all India
- Those who seek further exclusivity can additionally customize this car with our renowned ‘designo’ individualization options
New Delhi: The leaders of the luxury and performance car market in India, Mercedes-Benz set a new benchmark in the performance saloon segment with the launch of the most powerful E-Class of all time – the AMG E 63 S 4MATIC+. This agile yet practical saloon comes equipped with a 4.0-litre twin-turbo V8 engine that generates a stupendous 450 kW (612 hp) of power. It accelerates to 100 km/h from standstill in a mere 3.4 seconds, making it the quickest car in the entire Mercedes-AMG line-up. The newest masterpiece from the Mercedes-AMG portfolio was launched by Mr. Roland Folger, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India.
Roland Folger, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India said, “The Mercedes-AMG E 63 S 4MATIC+ is the ultimate interpretation of a luxury performance saloon. We believe it is the world’s most intelligent executive saloon – in its sportiest form. To be precise, it is the most powerful E-Class in history. Never before has there been such an extensive and radical transformation from one model generation to the next. The new E 63 S personifies driving performance, whether one wants to dwell in the comfortable rear seats and head to work or take the front seat and boss this beast around, we are happy to offer our patrons the best of both worlds. My personal favourite feature of this super saloon is the ‘drift mode’, which comes as standard. Wondering how a 4MATIC will drift? Well, thanks to the fully variable torque distribution. With this new generation of the E 63 S, our renowned AMG engineers have left no stone unturned in satisfying the needs of those ardent petrol heads/performance enthusiasts.”
Roland Folger further added, “Our AMG strategy in India has been very well received by our discerning customers. From the track to the tarmac, to tricky terrains, we broke lap records, introduced never seen before variants and drove past our competitors in some style! We offer to our AMG customers, a large variety of cars to choose from. We offer at least one model each from the ‘43’, ‘45’ ’63’ and GT model range in India. We believe a key factor to grab the attention of Young Indians is not only for a Mercedes-
Benz but also for an AMG. The average AMG customer age in India is 30 years, which is a notable 7 years lesser than that of an average Mercedes-Benz buyer. We will be launching many more AMGs and dream cars through the year, so do stay tuned to Mercedes-Benz.”
Technical specifications of the Mercedes-AMG E 63 S 4MATIC+
|Performance Data||Mercedes-AMG E 63 S 4MATIC+|
4.0-litre V8 bi-turbo with direct injection
450 kW (612 hp) at 5750 – 6500 rpm
850 Nm at 2500–4500 rpm
Acceleration (0-100 km/h)
250 km/h (electronically limited)
300 km/h (AMG Driver’s package)
AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT 9-speed sports transmission
AMG Performance 4MATIC+ permanent all-wheel drive with variable torque distribution and drift mode
With this launch, Mercedes-AMG has introduced a number of new developments that redefine the performance saloon – innovative powertrain engineering and maximum performance are combined with distinctive design, exclusive equipment and the latest infotainment features for comprehensive, connected multimedia applications.
The AMG E 63 S 4MATIC+ also boasts several technical firsts, including cylinder deactivation system and the AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT (Multi Clutch Technology) nine-speed sports transmission combined with a wet start-off clutch. Additionally, the newly engineered 4MATIC+ system combines the advantages of various drive configurations.
Torque distribution on the front and rear axles, which until now was strongly rear-biased, is fully variable for the first time. This ensures optimum traction right up to the physical limit, irrespective of the road conditions.The exciting drift mode function is standard; when activated, the E 63 S 4MATIC+ becomes a purely rear-wheel drive vehicle.
Excessive power calls for even higher safety measures. The AMG E63 S 4MATIC + is equipped with active brake assist, which is a radar-based driver assistance system that can help prevent accidents with vehicles ahead and with crossing pedestrians or mitigate the consequences of accidents. It is a combination of proximity warning, collision warning, situation-dependent braking assistance and autonomous braking function. Safety has always been a priority for Mercedes-Benz, which is very well established with the 7 airbags equipped in the new AMG E 63 S 4MATIC +. There is an adaptive dual stage airbags for driver and front passenger, side impact air-bags for driver and front passenger and window airbags. Multibeam Intelligent Light System comes with a variable light distribution with cornering function, that helps in adapting to any road conditions during night driving, making the drive safer, and this is complemented by Adaptive High Beam with automatic switching between high and low beam.
- AMG Cylinder Management | Valves closed, fuel supply and ignition deactivated
- AMG Performance 4MATIC+ variable all-wheel drive with drift mode
- AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT nine-speed sports transmission
- AMG DYNAMIC SELECT drive programs (with “RACE” drive program)
- AMG Sports Suspension based on AIR BODY CONTROL
- RACESTART even simpler: The control logic for the RACESTART function is new and has been simplified considerably. In the Sport, Sport Plus or RACE drive programs, all the driver has to do is press the brake pedal forcefully with their left foot and simultaneously fully depress the accelerator pedal with their right foot.
- Rear differential lock: optimal traction, including on the racetrack
- E 63 S 4MATIC+ with dynamic engine mounts as standard
- Direct and with clear feedback: AMG Sport speed-sensitive steering
- Good sensitivity and fade-resistant: the AMG high-performance braking system
- Numerous customization options offered through “Designo”
Cost of ownership
At Mercedes-Benz, we sincerely believe that excellence in customer service will be the next key differentiator in the luxury car segment. The myth of owning a Mercedes or an AMG for that matter, being expensive is just a myth! Our competitive service packages provide our customers with convenience and true value for their money. For instance, the Star Ease – Compact Plus maintenance package for the AMG E 63 S for 2 years for unlimited kilometers is Rs. 88,000 + taxes. Guess it’s fair to say, taking care of the most powerful E-Class of all time, is not so expensive, after all.
- LEVC TX electric car arrives to a dealership in New Delhi, provides 510 km range - October 24, 2021
- Mitsubishi Xpander GT 2021: video review, specs & details in Hindi - October 23, 2021
- LaFerrari owners get extended warranty & scheduled maintenance service - October 23, 2021