Mercedes-AMG A 45 S 4MATIC+ newly developed 2.0-litre engine is the ‘world’s most powerful’ turbocharged four-cylinder engine in series production
Mercedes-AMG now has 13 AMG products in India, the strongest line-up for any performance brand
Complements the A- Class product portfolio comprising A-Class Limousine, AMG A35 sedan and the Mercedes-AMG A45 S 4M+ hatch
- Under the hood sits a newly developed 2.0-litre turbocharged engine, producing 421 hp – which is highest for any hatchback in India
- One of the fastest AMG hatch available across the world: 0-100 in 3.9 seconds
- The AMG SPEEDSHIFT DCT 8G transmission is specially tuned to the requirements of the powerful engine in the AMG A 45 S and contributes to the agile and dynamic character of the car
- The car shows impressive agility owing to the combination of AMG ACTIVE RIDE CONTROL and the fully variable AMG Performance 4MATIC+ all-wheel drive with AMG TORQUE CONTROL
- Mercedes-AMG A 45 S 4MATIC+ is priced at 79.50 lakhs (Ex-showroom all-India)
Pune: India’s largest luxury car manufacturer Mercedes-Benz today strengthened its AMG portfolio with the addition of the Mercedes-AMG A 45 S 4MATIC+, ‘World’s most powerful turbocharged four-cylinder engine series production car’, which also is India’s fastest hatchback ever. The Mercedes-AMG A 45 S 4MATIC+ embodies the AMG brand motto of ‘Driving Performance’ and sets new standards for design innovation and top-class performance raising the vehicle dynamics and the sporty driving experience to a level previously unimaginable in the New Generation Cars.
Tuned for out-and-out performance, the Mercedes-AMG A 45 S 4MATIC+’s reinforced body shell, powerful engine, range of driving modes from ‘drift’ to ‘race’ and reworked suspension combined with its distinctive sporty looks makes the driving experience unmatched in the luxury performance segment. The much-awaited new Mercedes-AMG A 45 4MATIC+ was launched by Martin Schwenk, Managing Director and CEO, Mercedes-Benz India. The fastest hatchback of India will be available at all Mercedes-Benz dealerships across the country and at Mercedes-Benz India’s online store.
Martin Schwenk, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India said, “We are strengthening our A-Class portfolio with the launch of the new Mercedes-AMG A 45 S 4MATIC+ which is the fastest hatchback in the country. With the launch of the most powerful and most dynamic new generation sports car in our portfolio, we are strongly reinforcing the importance of this segment in our overall growth strategy. India’s fastest hatchback is a thoroughbred performance machine eagerly awaited by our AMG customers and performance purists. The introduction of the A 45 S 4MATIC+ underscores our commitment towards introducing the most desirable products from our global portfolio for our discerning customers in India.”
Key product features of Mercedes-AMG A 45 S 4MATIC+:
- Reinforced body shell: Developers at AMG extensively reinforced the body shell, as it provides the basis for the precise self-steering characteristics, as well as track and camber stability, especially when driving at high speed
- 0-100 kmph in 3.9 seconds: The four-cylinder turbocharged motor ensures extremely agile performance, sprinting from zero to 100 km/h in only 3.9 seconds. The top speed is electronically limited to 270 km/h. Apart from its performance figures, the new engine impresses with its immediate response
- New engine design features: The new engine excels with numerous intelligent design features. This means the turbocharger and the exhaust manifold are now positioned at the rear, on the side of the firewall when viewed from behind. The intake system is therefore positioned at the front. This configuration allows for the flattest possible and most aerodynamically advantageous front section design as well as vastly-improved air ducting
- Higher torque at low engine speed: The new twinscroll turbocharger combines optimum responsiveness at low engine speeds with a high power in the upper RPM range. The result is higher torque at lower engine speeds, and extremely good responsiveness
- Use of NANOSLIDE Tech: To reduce friction between the pistons and cylinders, the linings are coated using patented NANOSLIDE technology. This gives the linings a mirror-like surface for minimal friction, making them twice as hard as conventional grey cast-iron liners and therefore much more durable
- One-man one engine: The new engine is entirely assembled by hand. To this end, a newly designed production line was constructed in the AMG engine factory in Affalterbach. Mercedes-AMG has raised the “One Man, One Engine” principle at the factory and taken Industry 4.0 processes to an innovative level, reflecting the latest findings in ergonomics, material flows, quality assurance, sustainability and efficiency. On the road to implementing Industry 4.0, AMG’s hand assembly operation likewise follows the vision of “smart production”
- AMG TORQUE CONTROL: The extremely dynamic driving experience in a completely new dimension is greatly assisted by the fully variable all-wheel drive included as standard. The secret is AMG TORQUE CONTROL in the new rear axle differential: this has two electronically controlled multidisc clutches, each of which is connected to a rear axle drive shaft. In this way, the drive power can not only be completely variably distributed between the front and rear wheels, but also selectively between the left and right rear wheel
- AMG DRIFT MODE: The A 45 comes with Drift mode, which makes “power sliding” possible for even more driving pleasure
- AMG SUSPENSION: The new AMG suspension with specific spring elements and the new, frequency-selective shock absorbers provides the basis for high directional stability and highly dynamic cornering characteristics with low body roll
- 6 AMG DYNAMIC SELECT driving Modes: These driving modes, “Slippery”, “Comfort”, “Sport”, “Sport +”, “Individual” and “RACE” allow a wide spread of vehicle characteristics, from comfortable to dynamic
- Innovative RACE START: The inclusion of RACE START enables optimal vehicle acceleration from a standstill
- AMG PERFORMANCE PACAKAGE: Race Track performance with AMG Performance Package with top speed up to 270 kilometers
- The AMG Track Pace: This is the personal racing engineer, function integrated into the MBUX multimedia system, to specifically analyse and improve driving ability.
The new Mercedes-AMG A 45 4MATIC+ is even more distinctive than its predecessors. For the first time, the compact class now also features the AMG-specific radiator grille, a clear indicator of AMG Performance family membership. The aerodynamic bonnet, with powerdomes, multi-beam LED headlights create the impression of a striking and powerful car. The wider front wings, flared wheel arches and AMG alloy wheels also accentuate the imposing presence. These create space for the wider front axle, and underline the athletic appearance. Two round twin tailpipes (90 mm diameter) and the wide rear apron characterize the rear view.
With its sporty appointments, the high-quality interior creates a close, personal connection between man and machine. The driver and front passenger are seated in an active position on contoured AMG sport seats with firm lateral support. The standard upholstery as a combination of black ARTICO man-made leather and DINAMICA microfibre is timeless, and creates typical AMG highlights with double topstitching in red. The red echoes the colour scheme designo seat belts and the dashboard support trim in black DINAMICA microfibre with a red border. The available paint options include Sun Yellow, Polar White, Mountain Grey, Designo Patagonia Red, Designo Mountain Grey Magno and Cosmos Black.
Mercedes-AMG A 45 S 4MATIC+ offers an unrivalled driving experience, bringing together key elements of technology, functionality and safety. For sporty driving fun and a superior driving experience, the head-up display transforms the windscreen into an exciting widespread digital cockpit. Finally, to up the ante on entertainment, Mercedes-AMG A 45 S 4MATIC+ comes fitted with high end, Burmester sound system boasting of 12 speakers and 590 W Output.
From a safety perspective, inclusion of features such as Blind Spot Assist helps monitor areas alongside and behind the car to warn the driver before changing lanes and Active Lane Keeping Assist helps driver maneuver vehicle back in the lane. The AMG performance braking systems are built to minimize fade (the result of intense heat), and provide brisk, stable deceleration.
To offer complete individuality to the customers, AMG Exterior Silver Chrome package enhances the exclusive characteristic of the Mercedes-AMG A 45 S 4MATIC+ with options to customize front splitter inserts, AMG performance seats, head-up display among others.
Technical data at a glance
|Mercedes-AMG A 45 S 4MATIC+|
|Engine||2.0-litre 4 in-line with roller bearing twinscroll turbocharger|
|Max. output||421 hp at 6750 rpm / 310 kW/421 hp|
|Peak torque||500 Nm at 5000-5250 rpm|
|Drive system||AMG Performance 4MATIC+ fully variable all-wheel drive with AMG TORQUE CONTROL|
|Transmission||AMG SPEEDSHIFT DCT 8G dual-clutch transmission|
|Acceleration 0-100 km/h||3.9 s|
|Top speed||270 km/h***|
*** electronically limited
- Chevrolet Corvette 70th anniversary editions will make your heart race - January 26, 2022
- Porsche Cayenne Platinum Edition variants launched in India, starts at Rs. 1.47 crore - January 25, 2022
- Mercedes-AMG G 63 V8 BiTurbo 2022: video review, specs & details in Hindi - January 24, 2022