- Unique McLaren 720S auctioned at the Naples Winter Wine Festival (NWWF), raising $650,000 to benefit the Naples Children & Education Foundation
- Enhancements by McLaren Special Operations (MSO) include Nerello Red exterior paint, Saddle Brown leather interior with Nerello stitching and a bespoke grape motif throughout
- This is the second year that McLaren has participated in the annual Naples Winter Wine Festival, raising to date $1,130,000 for at-risk children
A one-of-a-kind McLaren 720S created by the British luxury sportscar and supercar manufacturer has been auctioned for charity at the Naples Winter Wine Festival, raising $650,000 for the Naples Children & Education Foundation.
Developed by McLaren Special Operations (MSO), the bespoke 720S in Luxury specification features a range of additional options including extensive use of carbon fibre on both the exterior and interior of the car. Additional MSO-specific content includes a Nerello Red exterior paint finish (named after the Nerello Mascalese grape from the Mascali area of Castaia, Sicily); a Saddle Brown with Nerello stitching leather interior; and a custom steering wheel featuring leather and Carbon Black leather grips. A grape motif is featured throughout the vehicle and a bespoke dedication plate marks the specialty commission.
“The McLaren 720S is an extraordinary vehicle – in fact demand exceeds supply, which makes it even more exciting for us to be able to offer this MSO 720S to the winning bidder, who will be able to take delivery immediately,” said Tony Joseph, President, McLaren North America. “The work done by the Naples Children & Education Foundation to help transform the lives of children is so important and we are honored to donate a vehicle to this cause.”
The McLaren 720S debuted at the 2017 Geneva International Motor Show as McLaren’s first-ever replacement of a model family – in this case, the Super Series. The Monocage II central structure at the heart of the 720S is key to the light weight of the carbon fibre chassis and as a result the vehicle overall, as well as allowing for unparalleled interior space and visibility.
With a 4.0-litre twin-turbocharged V8 that produces 720PS/710hp and 770NM/568 lb ft of torque, 0-60mph takes only 2.8 seconds in the McLaren 720S, while 0-124mph is reached in a blistering 7.8 seconds. In addition to its rapid acceleration and top speed of 212mph, the 720S delivers outstanding driver engagement, with double the aerodynamic efficiency of its predecessor and a new generation of McLaren’s active chassis system, Proactive Chassis Control II.
The McLaren 720S has a starting MRSP of $284,745 in the United States (£208,600 in the UK).
- International Automotive Photography 2023 entries closes on 31 March - March 25, 2023
- Renault-Nissan to invest Rs. 3.7 crores for renewing 10 lakes & ponds in Kanchipuram - March 24, 2023
- Mahindra Haridwar Plant produces 50000th e-Alfa - March 24, 2023