- Three new startups chosen in Cohort 4: Nable IT, Redbot and Sleave
- In 2019, Maruti Suzuki launched its initiative: MAIL (Mobility and Automobile Innovation Lab)
- MAIL initiative supports startups by co-creating innovative business solutions
- The Company is working with 17 startups under the MAIL initiative
New Delhi: With an objective to promote innovation in the mobility space, Maruti Suzuki India Limited has shortlisted three new startups as part of the 4th cohort of the MAIL (Mobility & Automobile Innovation Lab) programme. These startups include: Nable IT, Redbot and Sleave.
Commenced with an aim to nurture innovation in the automobile and mobility sector, Maruti Suzuki had launched the MAIL initiative in partnership with GHV Accelerator in January 2019. The MAIL initiative is more than just a startup accelerator. It aims to create a suitable environment to nurture, foster and guide the early-stage startups. With the latest addition of three startups, Maruti Suzuki is now engaged with 17 startups under the MAIL programme in the last 2 years.
Explaining the Company’s efforts towards mentoring startups, Kenichi Ayukawa, Managing Director & CEO, Maruti Suzuki India said, “The startups are poised to disrupt the consumer technology world. The Company’s MAIL initiative supports them by co-creating innovative business solutions. The three new startups will now engage with Maruti Suzuki for paid projects. In the end, the solutions offered by these innovative minds will help delight customers.”
Nable IT, a startup from New Delhi, emerged winner at Cohort 4, while Redbot from Bengaluru is the first runner up and Sleave from New Delhi is the second runner up. As in the previous Cohort sessions, the teams underwent an extensive shortlisting process that included screening and virtual pitch sessions. The domain experts at Maruti Suzuki also mentored and guided the startups to create the right product fit. They will also get an opportunity to undertake a paid Proof-of-Concept with Maruti Suzuki for actual business use of their technologies.
Three startups and their domain, as part of the 4th Cohort, include:
|1||Nable IT||AI/ML based SaaS Platforms and Solutions|
|2||RedBot||AI & Computer vision based Quality Inspection Platform|
|3||Sleave||HTML5 based content development platform|
- Audi e-tron GT electric sedan launched in India, starts at Rs. 1.79 crores - September 23, 2021
- Second generation 2021 Honda BR-V launched in Indonesia - September 21, 2021
- Grade 9 student has a solution to increase the range of electric cars - September 21, 2021