- Mahindra XUV300 Gets Yet Another Global Safety Recognition
- Highest Occupant Safety Rating among all Vehicles Tested between 2014-2020
Mumbai, July 14, 2020: Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd, part of the USD 19.4 billion Mahindra Group, today announced that its compact SUV, the XUV300, has topped Global NCAP’s six-year safety rankings. This makes the XUV300 the safest among all the vehicles tested by Global NCAP between 2014 and 2020.
Global NCAP (GNCAP) completed safety assessments on more than 38 vehicles during this period and the XUV300 scored the highest safety rating among all the models tested. The XUV300 achieved the highest combined occupant safety rating, with a 5-Star Global NCAP rating for adult occupant protection and a 4-Star rating for child occupant protection, the latter being a first in India.
Commenting on this global safety recognition, Veejay Nakra, CEO – Automotive Division, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. said, “This is a proud moment for us at Mahindra. Earlier this year, the XUV300 was rated by GNCAP as the safest vehicle in India and now it has been recognized as the safest vehicle over the last 6 years. This demonstrates our strong commitment towards vehicle safety and is a big leap forward for the Indian automotive industry, as a homegrown brand takes the lead on safety. At Mahindra, safety is at the very heart of all our vehicles, and we will continue to raise the bar on safety with our future vehicles.”
The Mahindra XUV300 offers customers 50 safety features, including some segment firsts such as 7 airbags, disc brakes on all 4 wheels, front parking sensors and heated ORVMs, giving fortress-like safety that is unmatched.
Today, the XUV300 has established a new benchmark in terms of vehicle safety in India having been awarded a 5-star rating by Global NCAP, the umbrella body of consumer car safety testing bodies. In fact, Mahindra was the first and only manufacturer in India to be awarded the “Safer Choice Award” by GNCAP. The official Global NCAP test for the Mahindra XUV300 was conducted in Germany earlier this year.
FORTRESS-LIKE SAFETY IN THE XUV300
- The XUV300 offers Best-in-Segment safety features*:
- First-in-segment 7 airbags including knee airbag, dual-front, side and curtain airbags
- First-in-segment disc brakes on all 4 wheels (Amongst Sub 4-metre Compact SUVs).
- First-in-segment front and rear parking sensors
- First-in-segment heated ORVMs
- Auto-dimming IRVM
- Electronic Stability Program with Dynamic Steering Torque, Hydraulic Brake Assist, Roll-over Mitigation and Traction Control, together with Hill Start Assist.
- Collapsible Steering & Side Intrusion Beam
- ABS & EBD standard across all variants
- Rear camera with adaptive guidelines
- Anti-theft alarm
- Seat Belts with Pre-tensioner & Load-limiter
- Front & rear fog lamps
- ISOFIX child seat anchors
- Tyre-tronics (Tyre pressure & temperature monitoring system)
- Seat belt reminder for all 5 seats
- 3-point seat belt on all seats
- Tyre-position display
- Auto Headlamps
- Auto Wipers
- Speed Sensing Door Locks
- Impact Sensing Door Unlock
- Mahindra to sponsor four IPL T20 league teams - March 29, 2023
- Evera cab services buys 100 BYD e6 electric EVs - March 29, 2023
- Mahindra produces 1,00,000th Thar in just 2.5 years - March 29, 2023