- AutoSHIFT, an innovative auto transmission technology, offers an effortless driving experience
- Sunroof to be offered from mid-variants onwards on manual & AutoSHIFT variants in both Petrol & Diesel variants
- Top-end AutoSHIFT variants will now feature ‘BlueSense Plus’ – Mahindra’s connected SUV technology
- AutoSHIFT Starts at an attractive price of ₹ 9.95 lakh (ex-showroom Mumbai for W6 Petrol variant)
Mumbai, February 2, 2021: Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (M&M), announced the introduction of Petrol AutoSHIFT, its auto transmission technology, on the XUV300. The AutoSHIFT top variant, W8(O), will also be equipped with the all-new BlueSense Plus connected SUV technology. The Electric Sunroof will now be offered from its mid variant – (W6) onwards on both manual & autoSHIFT versions.
Veejay Nakra, CEO, Automotive Division, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. said: “The young Indian consumer doesn’t like to compromise and seeks technology-led convenience & experiences. Today, we launch our innovative auto transmission AutoSHIFT on petrol, which uses advanced technology to offer an effortless drive in city drive as well as on the highways. We also introduce today the BlueSense Plus, our connected SUV technology with 40+ features, that will seamlessly integrate the XUV300 into the always-connected world of today’s consumer.”
Nakra further added, “We are glad to introduce electric sunroof right from the mid-variants of the XUV300. As India’s safest and most feature-loaded SUV, the XUV300 has always strived to inspire consumers to think big about their aspirations and will continue to do so with future introductions.”
Keeping in line with the growing consumer preference for sunroof, the XUV300 will now offer electric sunroof on the mid-variants of both manual & AutoSHIFT variants. With a starting price of just ₹ 9.4 Lakh (Ex-showroom Petrol W6) the sunroof will now become accessible to a wider base of customers.
Along with these introductions, XUV300 range will also see introduction of new colours – Dual-tone Red and Dual-tone Aquamarine on all W8(O) AutoSHIFT variants and an all-new Galaxy Grey on its manual W6, W8 & W8(O) variants.
Bookings for the all-new Petrol AutoSHIFT are now open and deliveries will begin from mid-February onwards.
About XUV300 Petrol AutoSHIFT & BlueSense Plus Connected SUV technology
1. Advanced & Effortless AutoSHIFT
Among the most refined & affordable auto transmission technologies in the market, the XUV300 AutoSHIFT has been crafted to deliver the seamless driving experience of an automatic yet offer the option of switching to a Manual mode for an involved drive. Developed by transmission experts Marelli, it comes equipped with a tap-to-switch set up that will allow enthusiasts to experience the full force of the XUV300’s formidable 1.2 liter turbo-petrol engine, along with a clutch-less driving experience. With this, the XUV300 becomes one of the few vehicles in the segment to offer auto transmission on both Petrol & Diesel.
The XUV300 autoSHIFT on Petrol & Diesel is an advanced technology that offers tremendous convenience and versatility to the user. Some of its key feature are as below:
- Auto Mode: Automatic, effortless, smooth and fatigue-free drive.
- Manual Mode: Control of the gear shifts for a more involved driving experience.
- Advanced ‘Creep’ Function: 1-pedal drive (without accelerator input) in First & Reverse gear, for relaxed handling of congested city traffic or tricky parking scenarios.
- Electronic Stability Control: Total control and Stability in all driving situations.
- Hill Start Assist: Prevents roll-back for added safety & confidence on slopes.
- Kick-down Shifts: Punchy pick-up during overtaking or for quick acceleration.
- Adaptive Pedal Response: Automatic gear shift map selection based on accelerator inputs & driving requirements ranging from comfortable to sporty.
- Tap-to-switch: Shift to Auto, Reverse or Manual modes with just a single tap.
- Drive and Reverse Lock Out: Adds to safety by restricting sudden shifts between reverse and drive modes, unless the speed drops to less than 5 kmph.
- Creep disable on Door Opening: Prevents the vehicle from moving in Auto/ Manual mode if the doors are open.
2. BlueSense PLUS – Connected SUV Technology
Mahindra’s Connected SUV technology – BlueSense Plus on W8(O) AutoSHIFT will create a connected experience between the SUV & its owner. It offers variety of features like Remote Vehicle Control Features (like Door lock/ Unlock, Find my XUV300), Location-based Features (like Live Tracking & Sharing, Route Deviation), Safety & Security Features (like Geo Fencing, Emergency Assist), Vehicle Information Alerts (like Distance to empty, Tyre Pressure), and other features (like Infotainment Controls, Document Wallet). BlueSense Plus will be available on both Android & iOS.
BlueSense PLUS is a complete connected SUV solution, that is powered by an embedded SIM, that allows one to stay connected to their XUV300 no matter where they are. One can get a plethora of information at their fingertips & use its 40+ features, using the smart phone.
Available on Android & iOS.
Remote Vehicle Control Features
- Remote Door Lock/ Unlock
- Remote Hazard Lamp ON/ OFF
- Search My XUV300
- Remote Park Lamp OFF
- Live Vehicle Tracking
- Find my XUV300
- Route Deviation Alert
- Share Vehicle Location
- Share a location
- Save Places & Routes
- Turn-by-turn Navigation
Safety & Security Alerts
- Unauthorized Vehicle Access Alert
- Emergency Alert
- Geo Fencing
- Time Fencing
- Door Open Alert
- Tyre Pressure Alert
- Overspeed Alert
- High Engine Temperature Alert
- Seat Belt Alert
- Device Unplugged Alert
Vehicle Information & Alerts
- Low Fuel Alert
- Check Distance to Empty
- Parking Lamp ON Alert
- Vehicle Start Stop Alert
- Check Tyre Pressure
- Check Door Lock Status
- Check Odometer
- Check AC Information
- Engine Idle Alert
In-Car Controls & Other Features
- In-car AC Controls
- In-Car Infotainment Audio Controls
- Document Wallet
- Fuel Diary
- Trip Summary
- My Car Info
- Insurance Expiry
- PUC Expiry
- Weather Information
- Personalized Pitstop Recommendation
- Create Enquiry
- Made-in-India Mercedes-Benz S-Class now starts at Rs. 1.57 crore - October 15, 2021
- Mercedes-Benz India reopens booking for EQC, now gets 11 kw/h on-board charger - October 15, 2021
- Mercedes-Benz India launches Dreamfest campaign with financing offers - October 15, 2021