DETROIT – Today, Cadillac unveiled one of the first uncamouflaged exterior images of its V-Series Blackwing vehicles, showcasing the cars’ exclusive magnesium wheels. The 2022 CT4-V Blackwing and CT5-V Blackwing will be the only GM products to offer magnesium wheels in the near future.
Inspired by the championship-winning Cadillac DPi-V.R race car, the optional forged magnesium alloy wheels will help reduce the unsprung weight of the vehicle, improving ride and handling, and the overall driving experience.
Five Fast Facts About Magnesium
1. Magnesium has the highest strength-to-weight ratio of all commonly available metals.
2. Magnesium wheels absorb road vibration and transform it into heat, which is dissipated.
3. Magnesium was first discovered in 1755 and is the eighth most abundant element in the Earth’s crust.
4. Formula 1, MotoGP and World Endurance Championship teams use forged magnesium wheels to improve acceleration times and enhance safety.
5. Magnesium is a mineral needed by every cell in the human body.
The 2022 CT4-V Blackwing and CT5-V Blackwing will be available starting summer 2021.
- 2024 GMC Hummer EV SUV strikes perfect balance between on & off-road - April 5, 2021
- 2024 GMC Hummer EV SUV opens new chapter for truck lifestyles - April 5, 2021
- Hyundai has sold 1 million SUVs in India, Creta is the best seller - April 5, 2021