- New open-top concept indicates potential future direction for the Lexus LC flagship coupe
- Powerful and dramatic design positions the concept as an aspirational halo model for the Lexus brand
- Continuation of the Lexus tradition of creating customer-focused designs
- First European appearance at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show on 5 March
Lexus caused a sensation with the debut of the LC coupe at the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit three years ago, a car that was a testament to the brand’s new sense of creative ambition. Since then, its design team has been exploring how the brand can evolve, leading to the creation of the new Lexus LC Convertible Concept, a powerful and dramatic rendition of an open-top roadster that makes its first European appearance at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show on 5 March.
The design goal for the concept, a skilful development of the LC coupe’s award-winning styling, was ‘ultimate beauty’. From the rake of the windscreen to the smooth contours of the rear deck lid that houses the retractable top, every line was drawn to evoke an emotional response. The result is an aspirational, halo vehicle for the entire Lexus brand.
“This concept takes the unmistakeable design of the LC coupe and reimagines it as a future convertible,” said Tadao Mori, Chief Designer of the LC Convertible Concept. “It blends all the best aspects of the original coupe with the dynamic design of an open-air convertible.”
Long, low and lean, the LC Convertible Concept retains the LC coupe’s athletic proportions. The shape evolved naturally from the original LC design, yet it has its own, distinct identity. It combines Japanese aesthetics with the promise of the kind of driving experience that only a convertible can provide. More than just a grand tourer, the concept has a performance pedigree, its potential expressed in its short overhangs, 22-inch wheels and wide stance.
Beyond the visual appeal of the sheet metal, the cabin is an attractive space for driver and passengers alike. The tailored seats are upholstered in crisp white leather with yellow accents providing a splash of colour without disrupting the subtle elegance of the overall design.
The Lexus LC Convertible Concept measures 4,770mm long, 1,920mm wide and 1,340mm high, and has a 2,870mm wheelbase.
- Get the fast drink, try Bugatti Champagne Carbon EB.02 Chiron 300+ - September 19, 2020
- BMW i3 Urban Suite & iFE.20 joins Greentech Festival - September 19, 2020
- Hyundai USA recognized for hiring & recruiting military veterans - September 19, 2020