- Land Rover celebrates 30 years of its award-winning Discovery with limited ‘Anniversary Edition’
- Only 400 versions of the Anniversary Edition Discovery will be available exclusively to UK customers
- Features a host of extra equipment, including full length panoramic glass roof, Meridian sound system and 22” alloy wheels
- The £59,995 model will launch a year of 30th anniversary celebrations for the Discovery family which has clocked up over 1.7 million sales worldwide
Gaydon, UK, Thursday 17 January 2019 – Land Rover marks the 30th anniversary of Discovery with a limited-edition exclusively for UK customers.
Based on the Discovery Sd6 SE, the ‘Anniversary Edition’ features 22” wheels, fixed panoramic glass roof, privacy glass, a 380W MeridianTM sound system and a choice of metallic paint as standard. A total of 400 Anniversary Editions are available in Santorini Black, Corris Grey Loire Blue or Indus Silver.
The Discovery family represents the pinnacle of versatility, and we are proud to celebrate that lineage. Discovery has evolved in its 30-year history to consistently bring technology, capability and relevance to the ever-changing motoring community.
We have added extra value for our customers with the 30th Anniversary Edition, making what is regarded as the ‘Best Large SUV’ on sale today, even better
MANAGING DIRECTOR, JAGUAR LAND ROVER UK
Since its launch in 1989, the Land Rover Discovery has become synonymous with adventure. Put to work in the most extreme of global locations and proving time and time again that capability does not come at the sacrifice of comfort, the Discovery has become revered by customers the world over.
In 2015, the award-winning Discovery gained a sibling in Discovery Sport which globally, became Land Rover’s best-seller. Together, Discovery and Discovery Sport became a family and have sold 1.7 million vehicles globally.
The critically acclaimed Discovery family continues to be a strong favourite with experts too with over 300 awards to its name. The current generation Discovery continues to add accolades to the trophy cabinet, most recently achieving top honours from The Sun, Auto Express, Carbuyer, 4×4 and Tow Car publications and the Association of Scottish Motoring Writers.
Discovery is the tool of choice for renowned global explorers, and also widely deployed for search and rescue, police and humanitarian initiatives across the world; a specially developed Discovery was recently commissioned as Red Cross’s new emergency mobile command centre to work with disaster response teams to help save lives.
The Anniversary Edition Discovery is priced at £59,995. See www.landrover.co.uk for more information.
Land Rover will be celebrating 30 years of Discovery throughout 2019. See uk.media.landrover.com for updates.
Land Rover Discovery Anniversary Edition in detail:
Discovery Sd6 SE (standard Sd6 SE price £57,005)
+ Privacy glass
+ 22” style 5011 Sparkle Silver wheels
+ Fixed panoramic roof
+ Santorini Black, Corris Grey, Loire Blue or Indus Silver metallic paint
+ MeridianTM 380 watt sound system
Option value, £6,820
- Porsche Taycan Turbo Cross Turismo 2023: video review, specs & details in Hindi - March 26, 2023
- 2023 Honda WR-V launched in Thailand with ADAS - March 26, 2023
- International Automotive Photography 2023 entries closes on 31 March - March 25, 2023