- Perfect partnership: Award-winning Land Rover Defender to play vital role as a support vehicle at the world’s toughest adventure race – the Red Bull X-Alps 2021
- Behind the scenes: A fleet of Defender 110 models will transport athletes, medical crew and support staff throughout the challenge, over 1,238km of alpine terrain
- Rugged accommodation: The 4×4 will be a home-from-home for participants, who will sleep onboard using the bespoke Autohome roof tent* developed for the Defender 110
- Extreme endurance: 12-day competition combines hiking, ultra-running, mountaineering and paragliding across five countries – Austria, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, and France
- Adventurous pedigree: Land Rover has more than 73 years of expedition heritage, making it the perfect official vehicle partner for the extreme Red Bull X-Alps
- Choose your model: New Defender 90 Hard Top is priced from £35,820 OTR (ex. VAT), 110 Hard Top from £43,012 OTR (ex. VAT), 90 is priced from £43,625 and 110 starts at £45,315 in the UK
The award-winning Land Rover Defender will demonstrate its capability and durability as a support vehicle for the extreme Red Bull X-Alps. As official vehicle partner, Land Rover will provide a fleet of Defender 110s to support the world’s toughest adventure race.
Red Bull X-Alps athletes will negotiate more than 1,200km of demanding alpine landscape in up to 12 days, from 20 June to 2 July 2021. Each of the 32 competitors will combine hiking, ultra-running, mountaineering and paragliding in a true test of human endurance and stamina. On a typical day, the athletes can expect to hike over 50km with vertical ascents of up to 5,000m, burning as many as 6,000 calories.
Land Rover’s most capable and durable 4×4 will provide unstoppable transport and shelter from the ever-changing conditions, while carrying vital supplies and equipment. The rugged 4x4s will come kitted with Autohome Roof Tents to aid athletes and crew members in their much-needed recovery, providing a safe and comfortable place to rest.
Seven of the athletes will be supported by Land Rover, including six-time Red Bull X-Alps winner Christian Maurer of Switzerland. Joining him are Red Bull X-Alps veterans Paul Guschlbauer (Austria), Gavin McClurg (USA), Tobias Grossrubatscher (Italy) and Markus Anders (Germany), who have participated in 11 races between them. There will also be debuts for Laurie Genovese (France) and Théo de Blic (France) as part of #TeamLandRover.
Land Rover is synonymous with endurance adventures and the Defender will play a vital role in the Red Bull X-Alps challenge, supporting the competitors and race organisers as they battle the elements across the 1,238km course. Its unstoppable capability and practical cabin mean it promises to be one constant throughout the 12-day event that participants will be able to rely on come rain or shine.
ULRICH GRILL, RACE ORGANISER
The role of support vehicle will see crew members test the Defender’s expedition credentials to the extreme. With a maximum payload of up to 900kg, dynamic roof load of 168kg and static of 300kg, each vehicle will be loaded with equipment and supplies. Terrain Response 2 technology – including world-first Configurable Terrain Response – will allow the drivers to fine-tune the vehicle to suit their driving preferences and the conditions.
Accessories including Land Rover’s Portable Rinse System, Exterior Side-Mounted Gear Carriers and Integrated Air Compressors will combine with Defender’s integrated 4G Wi-Fi connectivity and the Autohome Roof Tents to give competitors everything they need to rest and recover properly at the end of each day and to complete the epic event.
Following its world premiere at the Frankfurt Motor Show in 2019, Defender has won more than 58 international awards, including the 2021 World Car Design of the Year title at the annual World Car Awards.
Land Rover has also introduced its range of powerful and efficient in-line six-cylinder Ingenium diesel engines, featuring Mild Hybrid Electric Vehicle (MHEV) technology, and its advanced P400e Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV), which provides an all-electric range of up to 27 miles (43km) and CO2 emissions of 74g/km.
- BMW 530i M Sport ‘Carbon Edition’ launched in India at Rs. 66.30 lakh - October 21, 2021
- ‘Shame on You CEAT Tyre’ trends after Anti-Hindu Diwali advertisement - October 21, 2021
- Sketches of 2022 Hyundai Creta facelift revealed - October 21, 2021