- New EV concept to make world debut in Las Vegas on January 8
- Kia to outline vision for future mobility and technology strategies at CES
- Interactive exhibits explore cutting-edge vehicle interfaces, autonomous driving technologies and world’s first in-car 5G connection
(Seoul) – Kia Motors will unveil a new all-electric concept car and present the brand’s vision for future mobility at the 2018 Consumer Electronics Show (CES).
Combining Kia’s design strengths with a highly efficient battery-electric powertrain, the new concept represents the next step in the brand’s ongoing journey to electrification. The concept also features a never-seen-before human-machine interface (HMI) and an advanced new ‘motion graphic’ lighting system, previewing the potential for these technologies for market introduction in coming years.
Technologies to take Kia ‘Beyond Autonomous Driving’
Alongside Kia’s new concept, the brand will reveal a range of new in-car features and innovations at CES 2018. Kia’s interactive ‘Beyond Autonomous Driving’ exhibits combine existing and future technologies to outline the company’s plans for vehicle autonomy and mobility, supported by the introduction of upcoming autonomous drive technologies.
Kia will present three interactive, cockpit-style exhibits designed to show how the company will incorporate new technologies to enhance communication and interaction between occupants and vehicles. These include new advanced driver assistance technologies and pioneering HMI functions, as well as the world’s first in-car 5G connection.
“Virtual reality, self-driving cars, and full vehicle connectivity were all once considered technologies of the distant future. As they rapidly become a reality, Kia is exploring how to adapt these new technologies for its customers. At CES we will share our strategy and vision for future mobility, and exhibit a range of advanced technologies that our customers can look forward to,” said Dr. Woong-cheol Yang, Vice Chairman and Head of Hyundai-Kia R&D Center.
The Kia press conference is scheduled for January 8, 2018, at 4:00 pm PST (Mandalay Bay, Level 3, South Seas F).
Visit Kia Motors at CES 2018 on Tuesday, January 9 through Friday, January 12 at LVCC, North Hall Booth #7029.
Kia Motors to reveal all-electric concept car at CES 2018
- Renault-Nissan to invest Rs. 3.7 crores for renewing 10 lakes & ponds in Kanchipuram - March 24, 2023
- Mahindra Haridwar Plant produces 50000th e-Alfa - March 24, 2023
- Hyundai Verna SX(O) Turbo 2023: video review, specs & details in Hindi - March 24, 2023