- The Kia Carens will be offered in 5 trims – Premium, Prestige, Prestige Plus, Luxury and Luxury Plus
- 6 airbags standard across all trims along with 9 additional safety features under Robust 10 Hi-Safety package including ESC & VSM.
- Available with 3 powertrain options – Smartstream 1.5 Petrol, Smartstream 1.4 T-GDi Petrol and 1.5 CRDi VGT Diesel with 3 transmission options – 6MT, 7DCT and 6AT
- 66 connected car features with next generation Kia Connect
- Available in 6 & 7 Seating Option
- Longest wheelbase in the class – even higher than many vehicles above its class
- Booking commences from 14th January 2022
New Delhi, January 04, 2022: Kia India, today revealed the trim details and technical specifications of the Kia Carens, ahead of its launch. The bookings of the vehicle to begin from the January 14, 2022. The 3-row recreational vehicle, Kia Carens, will be offered in 5 trim levels – Premium, Prestige, Prestige Plus, Luxury and Luxury Plus, coupled with multiple powertrain and seating options. All the 5 trim levels will offer the Robust 10 Hi-safety package as standard, making the Kia Carens safe for a family drive. Furthermore, the vehicle hosts many first-in-class features such as 26.03 Cm (10.25”) HD Touchscreen Navigation with Next Generation Kia Connect, BOSE Premium Sound System with 8 speakers, Smart Pure Air Purifier with Virus and Bacteria protection, Ventilated front seats, 2nd Row Seat One Touch Easy Electric Tumble and SkyLight Sunroof to name a few. The Kia Carens will be available with three powertrain options – Smartstream 1.5 Petrol, Smartstream 1.4 T-GDi Petrol and 1.5 CRDi VGT Diesel. Further, customers will also get an option to choose from three transmission options – 6MT, 7DCT and 6AT. The vehicle will be offered in the Seven seater option in Premium to Luxury trims, while the Luxury Plus trim will be available with a choice of both 6 and 7 seater options.
The Kia Carens development was guided by two major customer expectations- Futuristic & bold Exteriors and Inspiring interiors which are spacious, premium, plush and very practical for new age Indian families.
The Kia Carens, is a technologically advanced vehicle offering smart and convenient features. The vehicle will also enhance the connected car offering with next generation Kia Connect. The ‘Kia Connect’ will boast of 66 connected features categorised under Navigation, Remote Control, Vehicle Management, Safety & Security and Convenience. Notably, 11 out of the total 66 features will be exclusive to the Kia Carens customers, which includes Final Destination Guidance, Server Based Routing Guidance, Remote Seat Ventilation Control, Pro-Active Vehicle Status Alert, etc. In addition to Over the Air map updates, the Kia Carens customers will also get Over the Air (OTA) system updates, removing the hassle of any physical visit to Kia facility just for software upgrades.
Tae-Jin Park, Managing Director and CEO, Kia India, said, “Kia has always strived to revolutionize mobility in India by creating well-thought-out products for Indian consumers. With the Kia Carens, we want to address the need gap in the 3 row family mover segment by truly catering to the evolved needs of extended Indian families. We are confident that Carens, which has been designed for enabling comfort through practical and convenient features, will provide a unique travel experience to the commuters. We are hoping that our discerning customers will appreciate our latest offering and respond with same zeal and enthusiasm, like all our products that have set benchmarks in the Indian automotive industry.”
A perfect amalgamation of the sophistication of a 3-row vehicle and style and sportiness of an SUV, the Kia Carens brings the best of both worlds. The Kia Carens boasts the longest wheelbase in its class and competes even with already established vehicles from the segments above. The 2780mm wheelbase enables a comfortable drive experience even in the third row.
The Kia Carens will introduce three new colours in the Kia line-up while offering a choice of a total of eight colours to the buyers:
- Imperial Blue (New Colour)
- Moss Brown (New Colour)
- Sparkling Silver (New Colour)
- Intense Red
- Aurora Black Pearl
- Gravity Grey
- Glacier White Pearl
- Clear White
The Kia Carens offers a plethora of options to its customers to choose from, offering both petrol and diesel powertrains combined with multiple transmission options. It is available in the first-in-class Turbo Petrol and Diesel powertrain combined with the choice of 6MT, 7DCT and 6AT transmissions.
Smartstream G 1.5
Smartstream G1.4 T-GDi
1.5L CRDi VGT
The Carens is designed to offer a differentiated and enhanced user experience to modern families hence the vehicle offers several intuitive and first in class features.
- 26.03 Cm (10.25”) HD Touchscreen Navigation with Next Generation Kia Connect
- BOSE Premium Sound System with 8 speakers
- Cabin Surround 64 colour Ambient Mood Lighting
- Smart Pure Air Purifier with Virus and Bacteria Protection
- Robust 10 Hi-Safety Package (6 Airbags, ESC+VSM+HAC+DBC+ABS+BAS, All Wheel Disc Brakes, Highline TPMS, Rear Parking Sensors -> Standard across all trims)
- Ventilated Front Seats
- Multi Drive Modes (Sport/Eco/Normal) linked with Ambient Mood Lighting
- 2nd Row Seat “One Touch Easy Electric Tumble”
- SkyLight Sunroof
Other key highlights:
- Large Cabin Space led by Longest Wheelbase in the class
- 1.5L CRDi VGT 6MT & 6AT
- Smartstream G1.4 TGDi 6MT & 7DCT
- Paddle Shifters
- Front Parking Sensors
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
- Roof Flushed 2nd and 3rd row diffused AC vents
- Star Map LED DRLs with Crown Jewel LED Headlamps
- R-16 – 40.62 (16”) Dual Tone Crystal Cut Alloy Wheels
- Star Map LED Tail lamps
- Digital Radiator Grille with Kia Signature Tiger face
- Smartphone wireless charger with Cooling function
- 1st row Cooling Cup Holders and 2nd row Can Holders
- Retractable Seat Back Table with Cup Holder and Gadget Mount
- Sliding type Under Seat Tray
- Easy Push Retractable Cup Holder & Tray
- Chevrolet Corvette 70th anniversary editions will make your heart race - January 26, 2022
- Porsche Cayenne Platinum Edition variants launched in India, starts at Rs. 1.47 crore - January 25, 2022
- Mercedes-AMG G 63 V8 BiTurbo 2022: video review, specs & details in Hindi - January 24, 2022