- Orders for the Wrangler 4xe Plug-in Hybrid version of the Jeep icon, the most powerful, efficient, ecofriendly, technologically advanced and capable Wrangler ever, open today in Jeep showrooms in Italy and will progressively open across Europe in the upcoming days.
- Almost two thousand European customers expressed through the pre-booking initiative their interest in the ‘First Edition’, the launch model of the Wrangler 4xe Plug-in Hybrid.
- The advanced plug-in hybrid powertrain ensures a range of up to 50 kilometers and zero emissions in full-electric mode, making it more sustainable and perfect for everyday use in the city.
- Courtesy of 4xe technology, the new Wrangler Plug-in Hybrid offers four-wheel drive in full-electric mode with unprecedented off-road performance while maintaining its ‘Trail Rated’ capability.
- The maximum combined power output of 380 hp delivers unmatched on-road performance and fun: acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h in around 6.4 seconds.
- Technological content includes Uconnect NAV system with 8.4-inch touchscreen and the most advanced ADAS features.
Turin, 5 May 2021: A dedicated web platform giving early-bird customers in selected European markets the first chance to express their interest in the exclusive First Edition, has proved a resounding success thanks to pre-booking. Now, the wait is over and orders for the entire range of the Jeep Wrangler 4xe Plug-in Hybrid are open in Italy and will be soon opened in the other European markets.
Everything is ready for the imminent arrival of the most powerful, efficient, ecofriendly and technologically advanced version of the Wrangler, which marks a major milestone in the brand’s evolution and a further step towards the electrification of its entire range, a journey aiming to introduce at least one electric or electrified version of each Jeep model in the coming years.
Technologically more advanced than the internal combustion engine (ICE) versions, the 4xe Plug-in Hybrid is the most capable Wrangler ever introduced in Europe. It offers a maximum combined output of 380 hp, courtesy of the pairing of two electric motor-generators, a high-voltage battery pack, a high-tech turbocharged 2.0-liter gasoline engine, and the proven TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission. The advanced plug-in hybrid powertrain offers the option to drive in full-electric mode with zero emissions and a range of up to 50 km, making it perfect for everyday city use.
At the same time, the instant torque availability and the improved performance promised by the pairing of the turbo gasoline and electric powertrains make the undisputed off-road champion even more capable and unstoppable on trails. It is off-road that the 4xe technology takes the new Wrangler Plug-in Hybrid to the next level offering a four-wheel drive in full-electric mode for benchmark all-terrain performance not only in the utmost safety but also while listening to the sounds of nature. All this while maintaining Wrangler’s unmatched ‘Trail Rated’ technical contents, which, depending on the trim, include two advanced four-wheel drive, active, on-demand full time systems – Command-Trac and Rock Trac, next-generation Dana axles, Tru-Lock electric front- and rear-axle lockers, Trac-Lok limited slip differential and electronic front sway-bar disconnect.
In addition to making it a sustainable and efficient 4×4 vehicle (with fuel consumption of around 3.5 liters/100 km in hybrid mode), 4xe technology also ensures an extremely enjoyable driving experience, with unprecedented on-road performance for the model that can now accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h in around 6.4 seconds.
The standard technological equipment includes a 8.4-inch Uconnect NAV system with touchscreen, smartphone integration with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto for on-board connectivity (such as smartphone monitoring of the vehicle’s parameters through the MY Uconnect app), and a 7-inch TFT display with information on battery charge level and range (in electric and hybrid mode). Standard safety features include Blind-Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path Detection, rear camera, Electronic Stability Control (ESC) with ERM (Electronic Roll Mitigation), front and rear Park Assist, and Keyless Enter ‘N Go™. Optional features comprise Adaptive Cruise Control, Forward Collision Warning Plus and new forward-facing camera (standard on Rubicon).
The new Jeep Wrangler 4xe Plug-in Hybrid features three trim levels – Sahara 4xe, Rubicon 4xe, as well as the exclusive “80th Anniversary” edition – new electrified driving modes (Hybrid, Electric, E-Save), and public and home charging solutions with easyWallbox. Comprised in the price of the Jeep Wrangler 4xe Plug-in Hybrid is “Jeep Wave”, the new loyalty and customer care program that provides an array of exclusive services and benefits, including the first two routine services at Jeep dealerships, 24/7 roadside assistance, a new dedicated customer service accessed through a multi-lingual Jeep call center for priority support and privileged entry to brand events and partnerships.
- BYD India appoints Landmark Group as it’s new dealer in Noida - March 20, 2023
- Renault Nissan to export cars from Kamarajar Port in Chennai - March 20, 2023
- Ferrari Roma Spider convertible launched with 611 Horsepower - March 19, 2023