Former British Olympic Skier Graham Bell has smashed the GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS title for the ‘fastest towed speed on skis’, powered by the new Jaguar XF Sportbrake
- Jaguar and former Olympic Skier Graham Bell set new GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS title for the Fastest towed speed on skis
- New Jaguar XF Sportbrake and Graham Bell reached a thrilling average top speed of over 189km/h (117mph), smashing the target set by GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS title
- New Jaguar XF Sportbrake is the perfect tow vehicle, with performance, power and outstanding handling and stability
- Jaguar’s all-wheel drive and All Surface Progress Control (ASPC) system gives driver confidence in any weather and surface
- Record set at a super cool -28C at Jaguar Land Rover’s Revi Test Centre in the Arctic Circle
After a couple of practice attempts it was immediately clear that Graham and the XF Sportbrake were more than up to the challenge of the record attempt and Graham went on to smash the target set by GUINESS WORLD RECORDS by over 76km/h (47mph), achieving an average top speed of 189.07km/h (117mph) at Jaguar Land Rover’s Arctic Revi Test Centre in Arjeplog, Sweden.
To break the GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS title, Graham had to achieve an average speed of over 112.65km/h on his skis, towed by the XF Sportbrake. But with temperatures of -28C the challenge put Graham’s physical limits and the performance of the premium estate to the test.
The XF Sportbrake was the perfect vehicle to help break the record, showcasing its all-surface performance throughout. Its instinctive all-wheel drive offers confidence in all weathers and the Adaptive Surface Response (AdSR) and All Surface Progress Control systems help drivers control the car in low-grip conditions. With a 3.0-litre 380PS supercharged V6 petrol engine that sprints to 60mph in 5.3 seconds, the XF Sportbrake comfortably hit the top speeds Graham needed to break the record.
An array of advanced chassis technologies ensures the new Jaguar XF Sportbrake is an engaging choice in its class. With its core dynamic architecture proven in the XF saloon, the addition of adaptive technologies and intelligent functions ensure its exceptional practicality is matched only by its sports car-inspired dynamics and trademark Jaguar composure. Also, in keeping with the premium lifestyle estate’s flexible design, Jaguar offers a choice of accessories such as ski and snow board holders (four pairs of skis or two boards) – perfect for those adventurous trips.
The Revi Test Centre is home to Jaguar Land Rover’s extreme cold climate test centre and the Jaguar Experience Ice Academy. The Academy is the perfect place to get the exhilarating thrill of ice driving from behind the wheel of the latest Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles. Under the guidance of expert instructors, participants driving skills will be taken to a whole new level.
- BMW X3 M xDrive 2022: video review, specs & details in Hindi - January 22, 2022
- Porsche Macan 2022: video review, specs & details in Hindi - January 22, 2022
- Mercedes-Benz GLA 220d 4Matic 2022: video review, specs & details in Hindi - January 22, 2022