- Global chauffeur service Blacklane acquires majority stake in Havn
- Investment will help accelerate electrification of Blacklane’s global fleet
- All-electric Jaguar I-PACE performance SUVs added to Blacklane fleet for the first time
- Havn was launched in 2019 by InMotion, Jaguar Land Rover’s venture capital and mobility services arm
- Blacklane and Havn’s COVID-19 health and safety measures protect chauffeurs and guests
Tuesday 9 February 2021, London, UK – Global chauffeur service Blacklane has acquired a majority stake in Havn, London’s all-electric chauffeur service, accelerating the electrification of its private hire fleet around the world.
The investment, completed in November 2020, will allow Blacklane to grow Havn’s service and offer more zero-emission rides in London, as well as adding the world’s first premium all-electric Jaguar I-PACE performance SUV to its global fleet for the first time. Blacklane has operated in the capital since 2013, part of a global service spanning 50 countries. The premium chauffeur service has offset carbon emissions of all rides worldwide since 2017 – a first for the sector.
Havn provides all-electric urban transport with no compromise on comfort and style – an offer unique to London. Each journey can be tailored to the preferences of the passenger with options such as playlist, temperature and chauffeur interaction all customisable within the Havn app.
Havn was launched September 2019 by InMotion, Jaguar Land Rover’s venture capital and mobility services arm, which invests in innovative new products and services for an autonomous, electrified, connected and shared mobility future.
Blacklane and Havn ensure COVID-19 secure health checks to protect chauffeurs and customers. Chauffeurs take their temperatures daily, wear masks, circulate fresh air between trips and disinfect vehicles before and after every journey. Passengers are offered complimentary hand sanitiser and a mask.
Havn has proved Londoners don’t have to compromise. Customers can have safety, sustainability and sanitisation at the same time. With our combined expertise, Havn and Blacklane will provide more zero-emission rides in London and beyond to lead the next era of chauffeured services worldwide.
SASCHA MESKENDAHL, CHIEF REVENUE OFFICER OF BLACKLANE AND DIRECTOR OF HAVN
This is a partnership of companies that believe in being first. Havn was London’s first all-electric chauffeur service with the first fully electric World Car of the Year 2019, award winning Jaguar I-PACE, while Blacklane has introduced the first carbon-offset programme in the industry. Blacklane and Havn share the same DNA of customer service, professional chauffeurs and green mobility.
LARS KLAWITTER, MANAGING DIRECTOR OF STUDIO 107, INMOTION
- Tata Winger Patient Transport Ambulance 2021: video review, specs & details in Hindi - October 22, 2021
- VTK Automobiles is the new Jeep dealer in Chennai - October 22, 2021
- Mercedes-Benz S 680 Guard 4Matic meets the highest ballistic test level - October 22, 2021