Ministry of Heavy Industries’ Production Linked Incentive (PLI) scheme for Automobile & Auto Components incentivises the Auto OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) to accelerate the introduction of Flex Fuel vehicles in India. The following auto components of Flex Fuel Engine (capable of running upto Ethanol 85 (E85) Fuel) have been included in the list of Advanced Automotive Technology components as eligible products for incentivisation under this scheme:-
- BS6 compliant Flex Fuel Engine capable of running upto Ethanol 85 (E85) fuel
- Heated Fuel Rail for Flex Fuel Engine
- Heating Element for Flex Fuel Engine
- Heating control Unit for Flex Fuel Engine
- Electronic Control Unit (ECU) for Flex Fuel Engine (Processor minimum 32 bits) and
- Ethanol sensor for Flex Fuel Engine
Flexible fuel vehicles (FFVs) have an internal combustion engine and are capable of operating on gasoline and blend of gasoline and ethanol. Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has notified G.S.R. 682 (E) dated 12/07/2016 regarding mass emission standard for flex-fuel (E 85) or (E 100) vehicles.
Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has notified G.S.R. 889(E) dated 16th September, 2016, for use of Hydrogen as an automotive fuel in the country. The specifications for Hydrogen for Internal Combustion Engine have been specified in Annexure IV-W of the said notification. 18% blend of Hydrogen with CNG (HCNG) has been notified by this Ministry vide G.S.R. 585(E) dated 25th September, 2020. The Ministry vide G.S.R. 579(E) dated 23rd September, 2020 has notified safety norms regarding hydrogen fuel cell vehicles and its components.
This information was given by Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways, Nitin Gadkari in a written reply in the Lok Sabha.
- Tata Intra V50 AC Pickup 2022: video review, specs & details in Hindi - October 3, 2022
- Volvo XC40 B4 Ultimate 2022: video review, specs & details in Hindi - October 3, 2022
- Tata Tiago.ev XZ+ Tech Lux LR 2022: video review, specs & details in Hindi - October 3, 2022