Monthly Performance: October 2020
Production: The total production of Passenger Vehicles*, Three Wheelers, Two Wheelers and Quadricycle in the month of October 2020 was 2,830,153 units, as against 2,086,479 units in October 2019 marking a growth of 35.64 %.
· Passenger Vehicles* sales was 310,294 units in October 2020, compared to 271,737 units in October 2019, marking a growth of 14.19%.
· Three-wheeler sales was 26,187 units in October 2020 compared to 66,985 units in October 2019 marking a decrease by (-) 60.91%.
· Two-wheeler sales was 2,053,814 units in October 2020, compared to 1,757,180 units in October 2019, with a growth of 16.88%.
Performance: April – October 2020
Production: Total production of Passenger Vehicles**, Three Wheelers, Two Wheelers and Quadricycle in April-October 2020 was 10,840,307 units as against 16,098,141 units in April-October 2019 with a decline of (-) 32.66 %.
· Passenger Vehicles** sales was 1,190,260 units in April-October 2020, compared to 1,605,041 units in April-October 2019, down by (-) 25.84%.
· Three-wheeler sales was 84,849 units in April-October 2020 compared to 397,681 units in April- October 2019, down by (-) 78.66 %.
· Two-wheeler sales was 8,037,492 units in April-October 2020, compared to 11,452,818 units in April-October 2019, down by (-) 29.82 %
* BMW, Mercedes, Tata Motors & Volvo Auto data is not available
** BMW, Mercedes & Volvo Auto data is not available, Tata Motors data is only available for Apr-Sep
Commenting on the October 2020 data, Mr Rajesh Menon, Director General, SIAM said “The month of October saw continuity in sales growth trajectory, drawing on from the previous month. There were marked improvements witnessed across certain segments due to very good festive demand. The sale of Passenger vehicles went up by 14.19% and that of two-wheelers, grew by 16.88%, compared to October last year. Three wheelers saw a slight improvement in sales, compared to the last month, however, it has still registered de-growth of (-)60.91 %, over the corresponding month of last year. October wholesale numbers have been good on account of dealers preparing to serve demand for the upcoming Diwali festival, which is in November this year.”
- 2021 Isuzu D-Max comes with better safety tech & off-road performance - January 15, 2021
- Before deliveries, three Bugatti Divos meet up at race track for one last ride - January 15, 2021
- Isuzu D-Max XTR Colour Edition is a special model by a dealer - January 15, 2021