Hyundai Ups the Ante – Launches New Intelligent Manual Transmission (iMT) & Introduces Sport Trim in VENUE
- India Debut of Intelligent Manual Transmission (iMT) offering a clutch pedal free Drive Experience available on VENUE SX and SX(O) as well as VENUE in Sport Trim on SX & SX(O)
- Sport trim in VENUE has been introduced on Kappa 1.0 l T-GDi Petrol BS6 and 1.5 l U2 CRDi Diesel BS6 engines
- Sport trim in VENUE now features Sporty D-Cut Steering with Paddle Shifters on Kappa 1.0 l T-GDi Petrol BS6 engine with 7DCT
- New Dual Tone Colour Titan Grey with Phantom Black Roof introduced on Sport trim in VENUE
- Launched new S+ Trim on VENUE powered by Kappa 1.2 l Petrol BS6 engine with 5MT
- India’s most awarded SUV of 2019-2020
New Delhi, June 22, 2020: Hyundai Motor India Ltd., country’s first Smart Mobility Solutions Provider and largest exporter since inception, today launched the highly anticipated Intelligent Manual Transmission (iMT) and introduced Sport trim in VENUE.
Commenting on the occasion, Mr SS Kim, MD & CEO, Hyundai Motor India Ltd., said, “Hyundai has consistently set the benchmark with new Products and Technologies that offer Superior Design, Comfort, Performance and Efficiency. VENUE – India’s First Connected and most awarded SUV of 2019-2020, has now been launched with the innovative Intelligent Manual Transmission (iMT) and Sport Trim. With this, we are once again setting new standards for the industry that will enhance Customer Delight and revolutionize the way India Drives.”
ENGINE & PERFORMANCE
Hyundai is upping the ante, offering the revolutionary new clutch pedal free iMT technology on its rip-roaring Kappa 1.0 l T-GDi Petrol BS6 engine mated to 6-Speed Manual Transmission that features an electromechanically actuated clutch.
With the new launch, Hyundai is offering customers a clutch pedal free drive but with manual gear shift control for a thrilling Drive Experience that employs just the right facets of power packed performance on a Manual Transmission with the Seamless Comfort of a 2-Pedal Transmission.
FUNCTIONING OF INTELLIGENT MANUAL TRANSMISSION (iMT) –
Hyundai’s iMT technology features a Transmission Gear Shift (TGS) Lever with Intention Sensor, Hydraulic Actuator and Transmission Control Unit (TCU). The system has been designed to offer a seamless Drive Experience by incorporating a cohesive logic between the various components on manual transmissions:
- 1.Transmission Control Unit receives signal from TGS Lever Intention Sensor, indicating driver’s desire to change gears.
- 2.TCU sends signal to engage Hydraulic Actuator forming Hydraulic Pressure.
- 3.Hydraulic Pressure is then sent to Concentric Slave Cylinder (CSC) through Clutch Tube.
- 4.Concentric Slave Cylinder uses this pressure to control the clutch and pressure plate, thereby engaging and disengaging the clutch.
- 5.Driver is able to seamlessly shift gears without the need to mechanically operate clutch pedal.
Further, Sport trim in VENUE is being offered on Hyundai’s globally proven 1.5 l U2 CRDi Diesel BS6 engine (6MT) as well as Kappa 1.0 l T-GDi Petrol BS6 engine (iMT/ 7DCT).
VENUE ENGINE OPTIONS
|Kappa 1.0 l Turbo GDi Petrol BS6|
17.5/ 1 500 ~ 4 000
|1.5 l U2 CRDi Diesel BS6|
24.5/1 500 ~ 2 750
The Sport trim in VENUE is set to raise the bar with distinctive looks that are fortified by a unique road presence. Additionally, Hyundai has added Paddle Shifters to Sport trim in VENUE for Kappa 1.0 l T-GDi Petrol BS6 engine mated to 7DCT that is available on SX+ trim, adding yet another industry leading feature to the SUV. The exhilarating new Sport trim features:
Kappa 1.0 l T-GDi Petrol BS6
1.5 l U2 CRDi Diesel BS6
|Dual Tone Exterior Color|
|Red Brake Calipers|
|Glossy Black Front Grille with Red Insert|
|Dark Grey Front Bumper Garnish|
|Dark Grey Roof Rail with Red Insert|
|Red Inserts on the Wheel Arches and Body Side Molding|
|D-Cut Steering with Red Stich||X|
|Sporty Metal Pedals|
|Dark Grey Upholstery|
|Red Color Accents on Knobs|
|Red Stitching/ Piping on Upholstery, Door Trim, TGS, Steering|
Enhancing the electrifying appeal of Sport trim in VENUE, Hyundai has introduced an eye-catching New Dual Tone Titan Grey with Phantom Black Roof color option. Additionally, Sport Trim is also available in Dual Tone Polar White with Phantom Black Roof.
Hyundai has also introduced the VENUE powered by Kappa 1.0 l T-GDi Petrol BS6 with iMT on SX and SX(O) variants. Owing to strong customer demand, the company has also launched a new S+ Trim on VENUE with Kappa 1.2 l Petrol BS6 engine with 5MT. The new variant will feature Projector Headlamps & Projector Fog Lamp, LED Tail Lamps and 20.32 cm Touch Screen Display Audio with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity.
Prices: (One India One Price)
- A. VENUE – Sport Trim Price Details:
Kappa 1.0 l T-GDi Petrol BS6/ iMT
Kappa 1.0 l T-GDi Petrol BS6/ 7DCT
1.5 l U2 CRDi Diesel BS6/ 6MT
|Price (in ₹)|
10 20 360
11 20 900
11 58 400
10 30 700
11 52 700
- B. VENUE with iMT – Price Details:
Kappa 1.0 l T-GDi Petrol BS6/ iMT
|Price (in ₹)|
9 99 990
11 08 500
- C. VENUE Kappa 1.2 l Petrol BS6/ 5MT Price (in ₹) ex-showroom – Rs 8 31 900