- Total Sales Increased 4%, Retail Up 1% on a Daily Selling Rate Basis
- Total Sonata Sales Increased 39%
- Combined Green Vehicle Retail Sales Up 18%
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., Dec. 1, 2020 – Hyundai Motor America reported total November sales of 55,171 units, a 9% decrease compared with November 2019. Retail sales were down 11%. There were three fewer selling days and one less selling weekend in November 2020. On a daily selling rate basis, Hyundai total sales were up 4% and retail sales increased 1% year over year.
“We were able to maintain our industry-beating sales momentum despite quirks in the reporting calendar and added COVID-19 challenges,” said Randy Parker, vice president, National Sales, Hyundai Motor America. “We’ve never had a better product lineup and with the all-new Elantra hitting dealerships now and an onslaught of new SUV, performance and eco-friendly vehicles on their way, we are extremely optimistic about the future of Hyundai.”
Hyundai sold 45,690 retail units in November, with SUVs representing 68% of the total retail mix. Retail sales rose for Palisade (+20%), Venue (+322%), and Hyundai’s entire eco-friendly lineup (+18%), including Sonata Hybrid, the Ioniq family, Kona EV and Nexo. Hyundai also sold 8,242 total Sonata units, the best month in 2020 and an increase of 39%, while Kona total sales jumped 43%.
November Total Sales Summary
|Nov-20||Nov-19||2020 YTD||2019 YTD|
November Product and Corporate Activities
- Tucson North American Debut: Hyundai unveiled its innovative 2022 Tucson SUV
- SUV Blitz: Hyundai will introduce 12 new or enhanced SUVs in the U.S. through 2021
- N Expansion: An exciting cadence of seven new N and N Line models in sports, sedan and SUV segments will come to the U.S. through 2022
- Eco-Focused Lineup: Hyundai will offer 10 electrified, eco-focused vehicles by the end of 2022, including seven SUVs and three car models
- Best SUV Brand: S. News & World Report named Hyundai as the 2021 Best SUV Brand
- AEB Achievement: During the past year, 96% of the Hyundai vehicles produced for sale in the U.S. offered Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) as standard equipment
- Sonata Residual Value: The 2021 Sonata won the prestigious ALG Residual Value Award
- Racing Wins: Hyundai drivers in the Hyundai Veloster N TCR won the IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge Drivers’ Championship, while Hyundai took home the Manufacturers’ Championship
- Leadership Awards: Automotive News named Olabisi Boyle, Claudia Marquez and Angela Zepeda among the 100 leading women in the auto industry and selected José Muñoz and Zepeda as All-Stars.
Model Total Sales
|Vehicle||Nov-20||Nov-19||2020 YTD||2019 YTD|
- Audi A8 L 55 TFSI quattro 2021: video review, specs & details in Hindi - April 12, 2021
- MINI Cooper D 2015: video review, specs & details in Hindi - April 11, 2021
- BMW 6 Series GT 630i M Sport 2021: video review, specs & details in Hindi - April 11, 2021