- HMIL installed the first two Ultra-Fast Public Charging stations across Hyderabad- Vijayawada (Narketpalle) and Delhi- Chandigarh (Kurukshetra) highways
- HMIL aims to set up 10 Ultra-Fast Public Charging Stations in first-half of CY2023 and will continue expansion to other cities and highways.
- The all-electric SUV Hyundai IONIQ 5 can be charged from 10% to 80% charge in 21 minutes at these Fast Charging stations
- Key Highways: Hyderabad- Vijayawada, Delhi-Chandigarh, Delhi-Jaipur, Mumbai-Pune, Bengaluru- Chennai
- Key Cities: Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad
- The easily accessible charging stations are manned and open 24×7 for all passenger EV owners
Bangalore February 2023: Hyundai Motor India Ltd., India’s first Smart Mobility Solutions Provider, and the largest exporter since its inception today announced the installation of its Ultra-High Speed Public EV Charging Network across key highways and cities in India. Each fast charging station will comprise one unit of DC 150 kW Ultra-Fast Charger and one unit of DC 60 kW High-Speed Charger, as part of HMIL’s aim to spearhead the electric vehicle adoption in India and facilitate the charging experience for both intercity and intra-city travel.
Commenting on the installation of Fast Charging Stations for Electric Vehicles, Jae Wan Ryu, Executive Director – Corporate Planning, Hyundai Motor India Ltd. said, “We are delighted to take another step in the direction of strengthening the Indian Government’s resolve for Electrification, that will enrich and augment the electric mobility lifestyle for EV adopters. Hyundai Motor India Ltd. has been persistent in its efforts to enhance customer convenience by installing Ultra-Fast EV Charging Stations at strategic public locations across highways and cities. With the recent launch of the globally acclaimed, the all-electric SUV Hyundai IONIQ 5 and HMI’s commitment to expanding its EV portfolio by 2028, we will catalyze our initiative of building a sustainable ecosystem for India’s transition towards electric mobility, and continue taking our customers ‘Beyond Mobility’.’’
All EV customers stand to benefit from a quick charging experience, and the all-electric SUV Hyundai IONIQ 5 can be charged from 10% to 80% charge within 21 minutes, at these charging stations. Hyundai EV owners can access the charging stations on Hyundai’s own Charger Management System in myHyundai App, for easy finding, pre-booking charging slots, digital payment, remote charging status monitoring, etc. All the charging stations are managed and operated by Hyundai Motor India Ltd in partnership with the industry’s leading charge point operator ‘ChargeZone’.
The Hyundai branded station will ensure an economical EV driving experience, with an attractive charging tariff. The charging stations are installed at locations having adequate customer amenities like coffee shops/ restaurants to further induce customer delight while charging their Electric Vehicles. The charging stations are also manned with marshals for assisting EV users 24 x 7 to enable a seamless charging experience.
The Ultra-High Speed EV charging stations are open to the public and to all passenger EV owners. With the first 2 Ultra-Fast Public EV Charging Stations open to the public from 1st Feb’2023, HMIL will further expand to install such charging stations across other Highways and Cities to ensure increased peace of mind for EV customers while driving the electric vehicle adoption in India in solidarity with the Indian Government’s strong focus on Electrification.
- Porsche Taycan Turbo Cross Turismo 2023: video review, specs & details in Hindi - March 26, 2023
- 2023 Honda WR-V launched in Thailand with ADAS - March 26, 2023
- International Automotive Photography 2023 entries closes on 31 March - March 25, 2023