- Hyundai’s 2020 global sales total 3.74 million units, down 15.4% Y/y
⋯ Korea sales rise 6.2%; overseas sales retreat 19.8% amid COVID-19
- December sales decline 6.4% Y/y to 373,970 units
- Company targets 2021 global sales of 4.16 million units
⋯ to sell 3.42 million units overseas; 741,500 units in Korea home market
SEOUL, January 4, 2021 – Hyundai Motor Company today announced its 2020 global sales performance, which recorded a 15.4 percent decline from a year earlier amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Led by the popularity of SUV models and eco-friendly line-up, sales in Korea market increased 6.2 percent to 787,854 units while those out of Korea dropped 19.8 percent as the sluggish economic activities dented auto demand in most of regions.
While competition in global automotive markets gets ever fiercer this year amid recovering auto demand worldwide, Hyundai aims to sell 4.16 million units around the globe in 2021 with optimized business strategies by each region. The company targets to sell 741,500 units in Korea and 3.41 million units in overseas markets.
For December, monthly sales totaled 373,970 units including 305,484 for overseas markets.
The company will continue implementing diverse measures to take care of its customers and to offer the world-best products meeting their needs. Furthermore, the company plans to solidify its global leadership in eco-friendly mobility market with the launch of upcoming IONIQ 5—its first dedicated BEV model.
■ 2020 Sales Results (Units)
|M/M Change||2020 YTD||2019 YTD||YTD Change|
■ 2021 Sales Plan (Units)
|Subject||2021 Plan||2020 Result||Y/Y|
* Monthly sales figures provided in this press release are unaudited and on a preliminary basis.
1. Sales in Korea is based on retail sales while overseas sales (global sales excluding Korea) is based on wholesales.
2. Sales results include entire sedan, SUV and CV models produced by Hyundai Motor.
- BMW M340i xDrive bookings open in India for Rs. 1 lakh - March 5, 2021
- 2021 MINI Countryman launched in India, starts at Rs. 39.50 lakh - March 5, 2021
- MG Motor India selects 5 social women entrepreneurs for upscaling - March 5, 2021