The final Commodore-based model has rolled off HSV’s assembly facility in Clayton, Victoria, drawing to a close 30 years of the company modifying locally built Commodores.
Fittingly, a “Light My Fire” GTSR W1, build number 275/275 (Australian allocation), was officially acknowledged as the last vehicle to be built, which HSV intends to retain.
Said HSV Managing Director, Tim Jackson, “For all at HSV, this is a time for great reflection on what the company has been able to achieve to date. Any success we’ve enjoyed has been directly attributable to our passionate staff, our dedicated dealer-body and of course our loyal fans who have helped build this brand through its 30-year journey”.
While reflecting proudly on the past, Jackson also spoke glowingly of the future. “The last 30-years have set a wonderful foundation for future growth. With our recent launch of the Colorado SportsCat, together with our commitment to bringing to market key Chevrolet models including the iconic Chevrolet Camaro, the future is looking very bright”, he said.
Official company records note that to the end of 2017, HSV has built 90,114 vehicles, the vast majority of which are made up of Commodore-based variants.
HSV has recently moved into a new, more modern facility in Clayton South, where production of the Colorado SportsCat, and conversion of both the Chevrolet Silverado and Camaro, will take place.
Key Model Production Volumes
- VL Group A SS: 750
- VL SV88: 150
- VN SV3800: 491
- VN SV89: 200
- VN SV5000: 359
- VN ClubSport: 410
- VG Maloo: 132
- VP GTS: 130
- VS GTSR: 85
- GTS Coupe: 423
- Coupe 4: 132
- W427: 137
- 25th Anniversary GTS: 140
- GTS Maloo: 255
- GTSR (MY17 sedan): 1270’nbsp;’nbsp; ’nbsp;’nbsp;’nbsp; ’nbsp;
- GTSR Maloo: 606
- GTSR W1: 298 (Aust. ’amp; NZ)
Key Production Milestones
- 5,000th vehicle built (June 1991)
- 20,000th vehicle built (April 1997)
- 50,000th vehicle built (July 2006)
- 75,000th vehicle built (February 2013)
- 90,000th vehicle built (December 2017)
- 4 lakh Renault Kwid sold in India - December 6, 2021
- Tata Motors to increase the prices of its commercial vehicles by 2.5% - December 6, 2021
- Audi A4 Premium 40 TFSI launched in India at Rs. 39.99 lakh - December 6, 2021