In 2019 Ginetta announce its flagship road car, a reflection of the technical innovation born from Ginetta’s rich heritage and investment at the pinnacle of sports car racing. “Racing at the highest level has taught us that to win you have to have your overall car concept and every detail exactly right, and we’ve brought that same philosophy to our newest supercar” – Lawrence Tomlinson, Chairman. Price from £283,333 +VAT.
A dry-sumped 6-litre 90-degree V8, constructed from a single aluminium billet block with forged inners, the unit is manufactured in-house by Ginetta’s engineers and even features Ginetta’s own design of throttle bodies. Power is over 600bhp, with torque figures of 700Nm, resulting in a Power to Weight ratio of 545bhp per tonne. Being naturally aspirated engine response is immediate and balancing the car on the throttle requires no electronic aids.
Starting with a blank sheet of paper Ginetta has created a true mid-mid engine design with an all carbon monocoque, LMP-derived aerodynamics and an in-house designed powertrain resulting in a driver-orientated package for the road.
- In-house 5-axis billet machined engine block
- Rear transaxle; 6-speed paddleshift
- Torsen limited slip differential
- Lightweight carbon fibre bodywork
- Lightweight carbon fibre monocoque
- Chassis integrated seats
- LMP1 inspired steering wheel
- Touchscreen infotainment system
- Carbon ceramic matrix brakes giving 1.2G deceleration
- Market leading downforce